New p3p has wonky motors

Reaction score
Bought a brand new p3p today. Unboxed it and went to put the props on when I noticed the motors not sitting square in the arms. Someone please tell me if this is normal? I'm trying to conact the supplier but getting no response currently, but I assume the motors shoukd be completely vertical snd the props exactly horizontal....Yes?

Reactions: richardtomcat
No worries they are made like that so they don't have dead air underneath the drone making them drop

Thanks for respondig. How much do they lean? My p2v+ is dead level. But these all lean in a clockwise direction, quite noticeably. Probably 5 degrees.

Thanks for respondig. How much do they lean? My p2v+ is dead level. But these all lean in a clockwise direction, quite noticeably. Probably 5 degrees.
This is as per design, don't worry.

This could be another reason why people have cracked shell on the revised version of P3. They thought the motors are crooked so they tried to straighten them with force, causing the cracks :p
Yea, the first time I noticed mine, I did a double take and got out my ruler to find out what was going on.

I noticed mine while sitting at the dinner table. Looked across the room at eye level and got worried, then google was my friend.

Next question please.....Yes only two clear plastic retaining pins in the gimbal plate.

Thanks guys. A couple of pictures as suggested.

Attachments

• 1449399163492.jpg
    1449399163492.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 606
  • 1449399183415.jpg
    1449399183415.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 574
To be 100%sure he should post pictures.
Whatever for?
There are dozens of posts with new owners asking the same question.
And lots of experienced owners always answering that this is by design.
Asking for pictures of this is totally pointless when it's such a well known feature.
It's like asking for pictures to show that a Phantom has 4 arms and they are white.

The tilt of the motors is how the drone maneuvers, by speeding up or slowing down the correct motors to change directions

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20