New P3P first excented flight

Reaction score
Well, I ended up with a P3P (yes still have the busted P3A) (long story but I ended up with it for $400, NIB no not stolen either because I got it new from Best Buy).

Anyway got some airlove today :).

Made 4 total flights on 2 batteries in approx 30F temps.

Got a 13:27 flight landing at 38% and it fought a 13mph wind with gusts to almost 30mph in 30deg temps and she got out 2,136ft, about a half mile from home. I know its probably a big whup to most of yall but until now my longest flight was bout 3 minutes and never got more than a couple hundred feet from home.

Topped out at 300' (my current max altitude setting).

I had a blast! It was a bit windy but she flew like a charm. I was a bit nervous as to the wind but after the 3 test flights (1min, 3min and 7min) I could easily see she could get upwind just fine. Swapped batteries for a fresh one and proceeded to sachet around the area for a nice 13min flight.

I cooked down the video to a 8m clip. Shipping it to youtube now. Probably another hour to UL.

Clearly I gotta work on better video settings because 8m video shouldn't be 2gig. Sheesh.

Wow, $400 from Best Buy? How'd ya score that? If there is an Internet special, share! :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well, I ended up with a P3P (yes still have the busted P3A) (long story but I ended up with it for $400, NIB no not stolen either because I got it new from Best Buy).

Anyway got some airlove today :).

Made 4 total flights on 2 batteries in approx 30F temps.

Got a 13:27 flight landing at 38% and it fought a 13mph wind with gusts to almost 30mph in 30deg temps and she got out 2,136ft, about a half mile from home. I know its probably a big whup to most of yall but until now my longest flight was bout 3 minutes and never got more than a couple hundred feet from home.

Topped out at 300' (my current max altitude setting).

I had a blast! It was a bit windy but she flew like a charm. I was a bit nervous as to the wind but after the 3 test flights (1min, 3min and 7min) I could easily see she could get upwind just fine. Swapped batteries for a fresh one and proceeded to sachet around the area for a nice 13min flight.

I cooked down the video to a 8m clip. Shipping it to youtube now. Probably another hour to UL.

Clearly I gotta work on better video settings because 8m video shouldn't be 2gig. Sheesh.

glad you are in the air!

would love to know how you got BB to go that low for p3p....

2.7k and 4 k vids eat up drive space fast!
you will like the pro vs standard anyhow.
although I did have an open box p3s shopping cart today for 409.00 to add to my p3pro but never pushed buy!

good luck and have flying!

It wasn't a deal from BB. They got the $1150 for it. Some other people were willing to make a deal if I would do a photo shoot for them using my Nikon and video from the drone for them in 4k. They wouldn't say why they had to have 4k, they just want the raw video. Since my P3A can't and is broke. I told them I couldn't do the drone footage nor could I do it in 4k with the P3A if it even worked. They were willing to work a deal with me. I threw in $400, they covered the rest. So I have a half day shoot with my Nikon, another half day doing basic QC and retouching. They supply the SD card and take it after the shoot so I don't even have to edit the video.

Could you turn that down?

We met at best buy, I dropped my 4 bills, they dropped the rest. I walked off with the drone and they said "See ya next weekend."

And here last week I was thinking I wouldn't be in the air till summer when DJI returns my P3A (if they ever get the repair ticked started that is).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik