New P3A quieter than old one

Reaction score
So I drowned my P3A. Just got a new one. I swear this one is much quieter than the last one. The new one has the newer motors, the last one had the old style. Both used the stock DJI props. While I can't do a side by side comparison, I swear there is a noticeable difference. Anyone out there feel the same? What do you think?

Also noticed it is considerably slower than the old one. I don't have the old one to compare side by side but I can feel the difference.

Last edited:
So I drowning my P3A. Just got a new one. I swear this one is much quieter than the last one. The new one has the newer motors, the last one had the old style. Both used the stock DJI props. While I can't do a side by side comparison, I swear there is a noticeable difference. Anyone out there feel the same? What do you think?
Well, this sounds interesting (I'd love my P3A was quieter) but strange.
The motors might be different (old ones vs. new ones) but since propellers are the same, they need the same rotating speed to lift the bird, and the noise is all in the blades and their speed.
You probably have better balanced propellers...
Just my 2 cents.

I think it might be quieter because old motors have top of the motor like star and they cut the air there like smal propelers and new ones are flat. So I think you are right, not that it matters for anything.

So I drowning my P3A. Just got a new one. I swear this one is much quieter than the last one. The new one has the newer motors, the last one had the old style. Both used the stock DJI props. While I can't do a side by side comparison, I swear there is a noticeable difference. Anyone out there feel the same? What do you think?
When the newer style motors first came out, many people reported that they were quieter. Especially when idling. You'll find several threads on it if you search. Cheers sir.

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20