New P3A not connecting

Reaction score
I was following what I was told.

Charge everything and then connect which I did , update firmware .
Which I started with the controller and now it says its disconnected and refuses to connect.

I have tried re starting both the controller and the phantom several times.

Any idea what is going on with my unit.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Going to need some more information. First which update are you on now, and which one did you come from. Did you do the updates in between and have you updated the controller through the dji go app on your tablet?

The update was through the go app, I have no clue what version I had or what I have right now.
I just took it out from the box :)

Without more detailed info it will be hard to diagnose. Is the tablet telling you you have no visual feed or is the controller first led stay red when both the aircraft and controller are both on?

Did it ever connect to the device? As in show camera view?

You turn on controller, with display plugged into the device. It loads the Go app. You turn on drone and then it does nothing? You have internet connection to the device? You've gone through the initial DJI registration?

Yes to all, I could see my wall when it was connected.
The go app said I need to update firmware and I started it, then there was a siren which kept going on and now it says the radio signal is low

This happened to me. Is your RC light constant blue.
In the uk we are entitled an exchange if a product develops a fault within 14 days of purchase. DJI wanted to take my controller back and reboot it as the firmware had corrupted on install. I wasn't prepared to wait so had it swapped at my dealer

It is constant blue, what to do

It is constant blue, what to do

Back to dealer or DJI. I tried the remote reset which forces a firmware update but I got nothing. I gave up after 2 days of trying and returned it to dealer as a faulty product

Cannot believe I have to return this piece of crap even before flying it once

I had four flights before update was released. At least if you haven't flown your dealer can take it back as faulty

If the craft and the controller are not communicating with each other then try rebinding the two together again. The instruction for doing this is in the online downloadable manual.

deuter, before you assume your Phantom is faulty, double-check that you did everything properly. You can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Cannot believe I have to return this piece of crap even before flying it once

You shouldn't have updated first. It flies fine right out of the box. You could have got in the air, and then decided when to update. I'm still on 1.1.9+ and don't know if i will update it? 40+ flights, 400,000+ feet and zero issues.

It's only a "piece of crap" to you because you are unfamiliar with the P3 and the processes. There is a very specific procedure to follow updating the Go App, RC, P3 and each battery. If you don't follow it exactly, you may "have to return that piece of crap even before flying it once". If you just wanted to get in the air, you could have charged, registered and launched with the delivered firmware.

SD

Reactions: 4wd
I spend an hour and somehow managed to update the go app version , rc firmware and the phantom firmware.
It now displays all versions up to date .

Tried the simulator and also moving the camera around, works fine .

Tomorrow we shall fly !

Took it for a flight this morning, this thing is awesome, could not believe how easy it was to fly.
I even tested return to home.First flight was awesome, thanks guys.

Thanks DJI for such an awesome drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl