New P3A member

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm a new P3A owner and just wanted to stop in and say hi! I've been scouring the threads and learning a ton! I look forward to meeting a bunch of you (digitally of course). I was on the fence between the Standard and Advanced. I went Advanced because of the additional technology and range. The light bridge just seemed to be a no brainer. Plus, Microcenter in my area had a $100 off coupon and a free DJI hard backpack offer. I saved $250 if you want to look at it that way.

I can't wait to get her up and in the air! I still have to run the updates and what not. I'm going to be super careful and take my time learning to fly. I have a large yard that I can start doing the training exercises in. Wide open, no trees or power lines. I've read a few really helpful threads about what is some best practices/advice. It was a great read!

Marc

Reactions: FotoGeek
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: ygrmstr18
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Enjoy your new Phantom & fly safe! :)

Reactions: ygrmstr18
Welcome aboard, a wealth of information is now at your fingertips.

When I was first into flying drones. Not that long ago. I was advised to fly without the camera until I felt comfortable. I am gals I did. I waited a full week before I put it back on. I also kept it in beginners mode.

I was advised to fly without the camera until I felt comfortable.
This is not recommended for the Phantom 3. It could be more trouble than it's worth if the camera/gimbal is damaged when attempting to remove it and/or reinstall it. For those people who make an effort to steer clear of all potential obstacles, the first flights should be pretty uneventful.

Reactions: NRJ and bobmyers
Thanks all! It's officially unboxed. I had zero issues with the firmware updates. Everything went smooth. I'm very much looking forward to getting it up in the air. Unfortunately we have snow the next couple days. And of course we do, I bought a Phantom. It's my fault.

Had my first flight this evening. Nothing crazy, just hovering around and getting acclimated with the controls. Plus it was getting dark. I'd rather have a full flight in daylight, probably the safest idea. This thing is a blast to fly! So precise and responsive. I got up to 68 meters. I was happy with that to start. I'm like a kid in a candy store right now! It can only get better I'm sure.

Marc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.