New P3 4K flyer here!

EJY

Reaction score
I just wanted to say hi haha. Just got my p3 (my first drone) roughly a week ago and so far I'm enjoying it.

The only thing that's not great is I'm constantly paranoid about flying "long" distances for fear of losing radio signal and something catastrophic happening haha. I feel like that will go away the more I fly and start to trust it.

Did anyone else ever have feelings like that when they started flying?

This was a pic of my University. On one of my first flights.

47fe9cf7b639887370d0cb0a3c02406b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: jeganx
Oh yes, I still get those feelings. I don't push it with distances; I try really hard to stay well within my VLOS.

Oh yes, I still get those feelings. I don't push it with distances; I try really hard to stay well within my VLOS.

Oh I try to. It's just a fear. I try to push it ever so slightly every time I fly but I always pull it back [emoji28]

Yes, I was terrified to get out of visual range. After many flights under my belt, I felt more and more comfortable pushing the range. My max so far is 1.26 miles in a clear day with no obstructions between me and the drone.

Just make sure that you you set your GO app to return to home upon signal loss, (not hover or land) and the RTH altitude is set high enough. You should be good to go. And remember if you see the "image transmission signal" weak or lost, that is not the same as the controller signal. If you lose image transmission signal, it's scary for sure, but you can still control the aircraft at that point. You can press the RTH button if you want to, or just look at the arrow on the bottom of your screen and fly it back that way. Just don't panic!

Happy flying!

Yes, I was terrified to get out of visual range. After many flights under my belt, I felt more and more comfortable pushing the range. My max so far is 1.26 miles in a clear day with no obstructions between me and the drone.

Just make sure that you you set your GO app to return to home upon signal loss, (not hover or land) and the RTH altitude is set high enough. You should be good to go. And remember if you see the "image transmission signal" weak or lost, that is not the same as the controller signal. If you lose image transmission signal, it's scary for sure, but you can still control the aircraft at that point. You can press the RTH button if you want to, or just look at the arrow on the bottom of your screen and fly it back that way. Just don't panic!

Happy flying!

That helps a lot actually!! Where in the app do you go to set it to RTH? I've played around with it but nothing past camera settings (still working on those [emoji28]) and beginner mode.

I've had mine for about 2 months now. Saturday, I did my first range test.. it was a bit scary for sure, but the technology seems pretty solid, check it out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had mine for about 2 months now. Saturday, I did my first range test.. it was a bit scary for sure, but the technology seems pretty solid, check it out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was that with any modifications? I know some
People get the DBS mods for more range

No mods.. this is however for a phantom advanced.. I will do another test this weekend with windsurfers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That helps a lot actually!! Where in the app do you go to set it to RTH? I've played around with it but nothing past camera settings (still working on those [emoji28]) and beginner mode.

Welcome to the forum!
If you haven't found it yet its under Main Control Settings.

Here is some chat on RTH

Best Method to RTH?

Rod

Welcome to the forum!
If you haven't found it yet its under Main Control Settings.

Here is some chat on RTH

Best Method to RTH?

Rod

Thank you! [emoji16]

I'll be honest I used RTH once or twice when I wasn't exactly sure how to safely land the drone (I learned on my 3rd actual flight, 2nd time flying)

The few times I used RTH, the p3 freaked out when it touched the ground. It touched the ground, went back up, then proceeded to veer to my left into a bush haha. It was only 2" off the ground but luckily the bush didn't gack the rotors.

To be honest if I'm gonna do anything I'm probably just gonna use RTH to get the drone back to where I can see what it's doing then land it myself.

Reactions: Great_Lakes
No mods.. this is however for a phantom advanced.. I will do another test this weekend with windsurfers

I'm very surprised you got that much range! I barely got 400ft horizontally and 200 ft in the air before I had signal transmission issues and the video started to cut out.

Granted, I was doing this essentially in a park located in downtown Birmingham on my college's campus so maybe if there's less technology around.

I'm very surprised you got that much range! I barely got 400ft horizontally and 200 ft in the air before I had signal transmission issues and the video started to cut out.

Granted, I was doing this essentially in a park located in downtown Birmingham on my college's campus so maybe if there's less technology around.

Yeah keep in mind I was flying in the middle of nowhere and I have an escancies with longer range.. I flew out here with the standard and I got about 1500ft

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20