New P2V Pilot from Australia

Reaction score
Hi all, first post for me here :) Just ordered my P2V and hope to get it next week here in Australia, got a great deal for $1288 delivered including a second battery! I have NO experience with FPV's lol but am an avid photographer and cant wait to get into some aerial photography and the P2V looks great as an entry level unit.
After reading through some threads looks like i am in for a great experience, I may upgrade the gimbal/camera in the future to the Gopro 4 (if its released this year) as i am going on a European holiday later in the year and this will be a great addition to my capturing our trip.
At the moment i have been looking for a case to transport it in and looks like my options are slim, great couple of ideas in the
"case" thread for us Aussies SCA etc, but am really after an XRV or similar, they seem to be out of stock for the moment so will wait n see ;)
Anyway, just wanted to say g'day and i have enjoyed reading through the forums, the tips/videos/photos posted are awesome!
Cheers, Mark.

Welcome aboard and your going to love it. Take it very slow at first and try your best not to crash it, I think that saves you from a lot of problems. Consider a simulator if your new to RC. Its a cost effective way to learn fast.

Helix Simulator thread - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5087

CosmicFTW said:
Hi all, first post for me here :) Just ordered my P2V and hope to get it next week here in Australia, got a great deal for $1288 delivered including a second battery! I have NO experience with FPV's lol but am an avid photographer and cant wait to get into some aerial photography and the P2V looks great as an entry level unit.
After reading through some threads looks like i am in for a great experience, I may upgrade the gimbal/camera in the future to the Gopro 4 (if its released this year) as i am going on a European holiday later in the year and this will be a great addition to my capturing our trip.
At the moment i have been looking for a case to transport it in and looks like my options are slim, great couple of ideas in the
"case" thread for us Aussies SCA etc, but am really after an XRV or similar, they seem to be out of stock for the moment so will wait n see ;)
Anyway, just wanted to say g'day and i have enjoyed reading through the forums, the tips/videos/photos posted are awesome!
Cheers, Mark.

Welcome and I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much!
Btw where did you get such a great deal? I'm looking for a good deal for my brother who wants one after seeing mine lol

hi from a newbie to, I've had 2 flights so far and I'm loving it... I have a pv2 and the pic's and footage are great ive been up to 200 meters so far (and that's high) with a few twitchy moments

have fun

LeoS said:
CosmicFTW said:
Cheers, Mark.

Welcome and I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much!
Btw where did you get such a great deal? I'm looking for a good deal for my brother who wants one after seeing mine lol

Yeah I got it from Eglobal http://www.eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au/ they had a deal on for that price plus spare batt and free delivery up to 9th Jan so you may have just missed out :(

YEAH BOY!!

Ordered My P2V. Should receive it next week!
Am super excited and I definitely won't be telling my son too soon! (He can chug around on his ArDrone2. Hahaha!)

SWEET!

Regards,

Murray

Welcome! (From another Aussie in Melbourne!)

I've had my P2V for about 3 weeks and loving it. Flawless so far and thoroughly enjoying it.

I've been investigating the case for it too and after trying the low budget alternative with a case from Bunnings (same as the SCA case) and failing miserably due to the pick and pluck foam crappiness I am now awaiting the more expensive cases.

Tradecraft is expecting to start taking international orders again shortly, while Go Professional cases unfortunately won't be arriving in our shores until mid/late February. The one thing for sure is the shipping is a KILLER for us Aussies no matter which one you choose.

Enjoy it and that's a great price you got!

Cheers for the welcome's and replies, well she just arrived and i have put her all together, updated firmware, calibrated compass and charged one of the batteries....just waiting on the extender to charge before i give her a maiden flight.
The wait is killing me lol :)
The cases are mega expensive for us aussies with $100 freight yes.....but the alternatives for us are somewhat disheartening! Are there any other alternatives in the same quality as the XRV or GoProfessional?

Welcome fellow PV'er!
iDrone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 421
Have fun with her! I have had mine for a week and have taken her up almost daily since. Was at Huntington beach pier (Southern California) this past Saturday and more great shots and video of the few surfers out in the cold water. I am a newbie to but have always had a passion and sense about hand control so I jumped right in and WHAM, hovering 10-15 feet above the ocean surf, quickly climb to 500 feet altitude and spin around the sky, it is a load of fun!

Enjoy!

Don from California

I just made cases myself . . .

Excuse the mess but this is my spare room

yba7yza8.jpg

egujajy9.jpg

e4a4y7e6.jpg

5e5ymasy.jpg

First off I had mine just in the little square tubs, but had to take the props off to fit it in, so I bought a larger rectangle tub, and got a couple pieces of pluck foam from Clark rubber. I recently changed my gimbal and was thinking I'd need new pluck foam but I was able to rework the old design lol

The next challenge is finding a tub I can use to transport the phantom with tri-blade on!

PS. Looks like we might be able to organise a Melbourne meet up soon :)

Hi as well. I'm a new pilot since before Christmas. Live in Perth and took it away with me to Bremer Bay. Awesome time with the unit and have pushed it to its limits. Have a look at this clip. Its not edited so you may want to skip to the bit about 9 minutes in where I ascend to 500m+ Awesome view overlooking West Mount Barren. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxxDOHMAVJY

TexDubbo said:
Hi as well. I'm a new pilot since before Christmas. Live in Perth and took it away with me to Bremer Bay. Awesome time with the unit and have pushed it to its limits. Have a look at this clip. Its not edited so you may want to skip to the bit about 9 minutes in where I ascend to 500m+ Awesome view overlooking West Mount Barren. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxxDOHMAVJY
Nice video, and BIG country! That's one of the things I love about this forum, we get to see birds eye views of all parts of the world only minutes after they're taken. Welcome!

iDrone

Well my first flight was amazing...wow these are so much fun! Took it to a nearby clearing that faces towards the coast flew around for a while getting used to the controls then took it up to 300m and snapped away!

JIkpgj7.jpg

Next was the fun part, could not see or hear the P2V it was that high and lost connection :shock: .....then "Flying Home" initiated and she flew back directly over my head and descended, i took control and went for another fly, amazing machines :)

This one was taken later in the arvo with a mega cross wind ~30kph the GPS keeps it in amazing position...hence the slant on the photo lol

YvmacyW.jpg

The happy pilot :cool:

3juGih2.jpg

VERY nice images, well done!

All you Aussies out there, anyone know anything about liability insurance available for us in Australia? I know the UK users often say they have it and it seems to be only 30 pounds per year for them. Unless we always fly millions of miles from civilization then it may be worth buying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers can't wait for RAW access to get the most outa this camera and +1 for insurance if it's that cheap then def a goer! Will look into it also.

Another new P2V owner here in Brisbane. Arrived two weeks ago.

I also bought mine from eglobal with the extra battery. Delivery was fast.

Also bought the hardcase from helipal - the cheapest price I could find,
even though the shipping does sting. I plan to take in interstate to some
car events and countryside, so knowing its wel-protected against
dodgy baggage handlers is comforting.

I've never owned anything radio controlled before but found it was really easy to pick up and fly.
Also addictive - I want to go out every afternoon for a buzz around.

I've had a few minor crash landings, and after one of them some of the props broke around the edges
so I ordered the prop guards and feel much more secure. The problem with the landings is when
I bring it down to ground then turn the props off, it tips over, as though they're not all powering
down at the same time and one or two of them are spinning it off-axis.

I'm yet to try 'Return to home' - will give it go this afternoon.
And I also need to put a sticker on it with my contact details and 'Reward offered'.

I know not everyone has a perfect experience out of the box, but for me it's been amazing.
I'd recommend the P2V to anyone, and am even starting to dream about something bigger
with a better camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31