New P2V Owner, Need some help.

Reaction score
Hello, I am brand new to the DJI Phantom 2, I just purchased a used DJI Phantom Vision 2 without wifi extender and camera and have some questions. First why would someone keep the camera and wifi extender when selling the device? I am looking at purchasing a gimbal for the device for around $150. Can I put a gimbal on the P2V? What would you recommend? Also any other recomendations for a brand new Phantom flyer to check out please tell me. Thank you.

I got the P2V for $600 with a case, only used a few times, and I already own a gopro 3, and plan to use that. Pretty much its a P2. While able to use the new groundstation function, since its a P2V, would be great for what I will use the P2V for. It seemed like a good buy, maybe I am wrong.

But the problem is it isnt a p2. The p2v and p2v+ both work off 5.8ghz for control signal and 2.4ghz for sending the fpv. The p2 which carries the gopro works on the complete opposite of 2.4 for control and 5.8 for fpv. You are going to run into trouble with frequencies clashing im afraid and it will cost you more to set it up than it would have been to just buy a pv2 or pv2+ new with cameras. You're in a bit of a situation im afraid. Maybe try sell it and get your money back and do some more research on here about whats the best route to go down.

Well that is quite disappointing to hear. Well maybe since this is my first one, I will just buy a cheap gimbal with no video transmission, and use that for a while and save up to get a V2P+

JamieBudesky said:
First why would someone keep the camera and wifi extender when selling the device?

A number of reasons. They might have another P2V that needed a new camera and they cannibalized the copter you bought. Maybe they wanted to use the camera for another project entirely. Maybe, even, the P2V that you bought was in a crash that tore off the camera. Could be anything, really. Same reason someone might sell a car without the radio, or a book without the dustcover.

just to add another note of disappointment, and i apologize, but you wont get waypoints either, that was used with the PV2 camera also.
Only thing i suggest and to get what you want out of it is to go out, buy you a 2.4 futaba or similar radio with receiver, look up on how to install it, get a gimbal for the go pro and get you a downlink. Then if you want waypoints you will need to spend more money on getthing the GS stuff and looking up on how to install it too. right now its useless without the vision camera.

or you can sell it, if you not much of a tinkerer, and buy a already put together system.

Thank you guys for all the help, my idea is to use this for a few weeks, get some good practice in, and then upgrade to a P2V+. I wish i did not find the auction with 1 hour left and had a chance to ask these questions before hand. Seller did not want to relist, so im stuck with it. It will still work, will just end up selling it in a week or 2. Thanks for all the help, hopefully the mistake won't cost me too much.

I'm not really wanting to tinker much at first, so I'm planning on buying a P2V. If I'm understanding correctly the P2V is control = 5.8 and FPV=2.4? But gopro operates on 5.8 and there for causes problems if you attach gopro to P2V it causes flight problems? So if I purchase a P2V I am best sticking with the camera it ships with and in future can upgrade the gimble? I'm trying to figure this out and getting lost in the maze of frequencies, cameras, options, gimble, plus, etc etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20