New P2V - Issues with App or Phantom ??

Reaction score
Just bought the Phantom 2 Vision (P2V) for short. Did all the updates and downloaded the android app.

Problems:

1. Even though Phantom shows to have GPS locked (Slow Green Flashing Flight LED's) - The app show no GPS signal and no satellites.

2 App also show no battery status

3. App shows no Altitude or Distance readings

4. App says there is no SD card, with "0" for photo capacity.

Yet, I can push the record button on the camera and film video fine. I can move the camera up and down with the phone, and it shows to be connected to WiFi. Also I can see in realtime the video from the camera on the phone/app.

I've even uninstalled the app, and re-downloaded/installed it on two different phones. Same results.

Am I the only LUCKY owner with this problem ?? Submitted tickets to DJI, no response at all.

That sucks man, have you tried reminding the camera to the app? Make sure you have your QR code off the side of the box before you try the bind process! In fact, cut the QR code off the box and store in a safe place once you have re-bound the camera.
Good luck!

Morgan 1983 said:
That sucks man, have you tried reminding the camera to the app? Make sure you have your QR code off the side of the box before you try the bind process! In fact, cut the QR code off the box and store in a safe place once you have re-bound the camera.
Good luck!

"Rebinding", not reminding.....

TexomaEV said:
Just bought the Phantom 2 Vision (P2V) for short. Did all the updates and downloaded the android app.

Problems:

1. Even though Phantom shows to have GPS locked (Slow Green Flashing Flight LED's) - The app show no GPS signal and no satellites.

Yet, I can push the record button on the camera and film video fine. I can move the camera up and down with the phone, and it shows to be connected to WiFi. Also I can see in realtime the video from the camera on the phone/app.

I've even uninstalled the app, and re-downloaded/installed it on two different phones. Same results.

Am I the only LUCKY owner with this problem ?? Submitted tickets to DJI, no response at all.

I had almost a similar problem:
No telemetry. Only live view on the camera and installed everything twice and did everything what i could do. I asked for another PV and that worked. I hope you bought it from an official dealer.

However, i see some things still work in your situation. I have a new phone now and some functions didn´t work either. I turned everything off and turned it on again and everything is working ok now as with the previous phone.
( with the first PV i had problems also with other phones so it was clearly a hardware problem)

I discovered something, that seems to have been my problem. I installed the app on my extra 6" android phone that did not have a sim card in it (Nice big display for FPV). Thought this P2V will be a great re-purpose for that phone. Well prior to buying the phantom I had downloaded the vision app on my phone I currently use for communications while at the store to make sure it would run on a generic 4.02 android OS.

Apparently if two phones connect to the same phantom wifi repeater, seems you get all sorts of issues/problems. I do believe they mention in the manual not to have more than one phone connected. Once I uninstalled the vision app on my communication's phone, and told it to forget the phantom ssid, the other phone (no sim card) was then able to operate properly.

Now here's the kicker, the phantom wifi relay doesn't require a password to connect to it. Therefore if Joe the Plumber happens to do a wifi scan and see this interesting ssid "Phantom.xxxxx" he can connect to it. I'm thinking doing so, might cause issues with the operator of the Phantom 2 Vision's operation....... Or heaven forbid Joe the Plumber have the vision app on his phone and war drives for drones flying in the air.

What are others thoughts on this. Should DJI at least ask for a password before one can connect to it? What if someone knew about the vision app, and knew someone was close by, or knew where a phantom pilot flew - Couldn't he attempt to take over the FPV of the phantom? At the very least it would cause issues that I had earlier in the first post of this thread.

In order for me to get a successful update I had to update the PV2, then the transmitter, THEN THE P2V AGAIN.

BobUnplugged said:
In order for me to get a successful update I had to update the PV2, then the transmitter, THEN THE P2V AGAIN.

Interesting: Did it error the first time you tried the P2V update, or did it look like it took?

I updated my P2V first then the Camera, then the Transmitter. It might have even done an update to the wifi repeater at the same time I did the P2V update but now not for sure....

TexomaEV said:

Problems:

Is the Android phone one that is on the DJI list of approved phones or one of the phones or tablets that people on this list have said will work with the Vision? I had exactly the same symptoms using a Galaxy Note tablet. If it is not a recent faster smartphone it may not be capable of running the app correctly. I replaced the tablet with an Ipod Touch 5 and everything worked correctly.

[quote="

Is the Android phone one that is on the DJI list of approved phones or one of the phones or tablets that people on this list have said will work with the Vision? I had exactly the same symptoms using a Galaxy Note tablet. If it is not a recent faster smartphone it may not be capable of running the app correctly. I replaced the tablet with an Ipod Touch 5 and everything worked correctly.[/quote]

One phone is a duel core, 1 ghz , 2 gig of ram with no other apps installed or sim card running on either 4.01 or 4.02 AOS . It is merely dedicated to the vision app. Now that I've uninstalled the app on my current active phone, I'm so far "knock on wood" having no problems. Hoping the weather warms up some in order to go for a flight test today (my prop guards arrived/installed, yea). I am still concerned about someone having the ability to download the vision app without owning a P2V and messing with someone who does. I think one should be able to password protect connectivity to their particular phantom so it doesn't get hijacked or confused by having two devices or more talking to it at once.

TexomaEV said:
I am still concerned about someone having the ability to download the vision app without owning a P2V and messing with someone who does. I think one should be able to password protect connectivity to their particular phantom so it doesn't get hijacked or confused by having two devices or more talking to it at once.

As far as I know only one app can be connect at a time so once you are connected it should not be a problem. Unless you lose signal it should not allow another app to connect to it. If you lose signal it would be possible for another phone to connect to it if they do it before you reconnect but the odds of that happening are slim. That said, it probably would be a good idea to have the Phantom Wi-Fi password protected to eliminate any chance of that happening.

As far as I know only one app can be connect at a time so once you are connected it should not be a problem. Unless you lose signal it should not allow another app to connect to it. If you lose signal it would be possible for another phone to connect to it if they do it before you reconnect but the odds of that happening are slim. That said, it probably would be a good idea to have the Phantom Wi-Fi password protected to eliminate any chance of that happening.[/quote]

I tried to connect my ipad and iPhone to the same PV so I could give the ipad to a bystander but it wouldn't allow it so yer; only one at a time unfortunately.
If you did suspect someone on your wifi link then you could just turn off your repeater and activate rth. The worse thing another person on your wifi could do is pivot the drone or take pictures so I wouldn't worry.

Morgan 1983 said:
As far as I know only one app can be connect at a time so once you are connected it should not be a problem. Unless you lose signal it should not allow another app to connect to it. If you lose signal it would be possible for another phone to connect to it if they do it before you reconnect but the odds of that happening are slim. That said, it probably would be a good idea to have the Phantom Wi-Fi password protected to eliminate any chance of that happening.

I tried to connect my ipad and iPhone to the same PV so I could give the ipad to a bystander but it wouldn't allow it so yer; only one at a time unfortunately.
If you did suspect someone on your wifi link then you could just turn off your repeater and activate rth. The worse thing another person on your wifi could do is pivot the drone or take pictures so I wouldn't worry.[/quote]

Curious, did you get a message telling you connection could not be made? I don't use anything Apple, but with my android devices, I did not see any warning messages, just saw the Phantomxxxx as being an open SSID.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20