New P2 goes does weird thing going straight up

Reaction score
I just got a P2 v2 brand new... Took it out for a test flight (I had a P1 before)... Takes off fine and hovers ok but when I accelerate straight up its like the two left motors have more lift and it goes up but to the left. When I let off the stick it hovers and drifts back to where it would of been if it was straight up... I did a basic cal on the IMU ...but it still does it....

There is no gadgets or gimbal on it...it is completely stock...

Anyone encounter this...other flight maneuvers seem fine....

Make sure you do a compass calibration every time you go to a new place to fly. it is very important and make sure your cell phone inst close while doing so. once your phantom is on let is sift for a mite and sort itself out then switch from gps to atto on the right hand switch 5 times until lights go solid yellow. rotate your phantom then 360 degrees until light goes solid green i believe. then tile forward to 90 degrees and rotate the phantom all the way around and it should go back to flashing green or yellow depending on what mode you are in. Try and make a small checklist for every time you fly what you need to do. Your phantom will treat you kindly if you operate it properly. Have fun and hope this helped

Make sure you do a compass calibration every time you go to a new place to fly. it is very important and make sure your cell phone inst close while doing so. once your phantom is on let is sift for a mite and sort itself out then switch from gps to atto on the right hand switch 5 times until lights go solid yellow. rotate your phantom then 360 degrees until light goes solid green i believe. then tile forward to 90 degrees and rotate the phantom all the way around and it should go back to flashing green or yellow depending on what mode you are in. Try and make a small checklist for every time you fly what you need to do. Your phantom will treat you kindly if you operate it properly. Have fun and hope this helped

Doing the compass calibration every time go to a new location is not necessary. Now if you were go a location 100 miles or more away I would do a compass cal. But surely not every time I change location which I often do when out filming..

1. Did you calibrate the controller sticks?
2. Did you do an advanced IMU calibration and then, a normal compass calibration?

This seems a LOT like a TX stick calibration issue.

"The BOX might say Ready To Fly. But that doesn't make the OWNER Ready To Fly."

I'll drink to that!

UPDATE: I returned the original bird and got a new replacement today...test flight showed it to fly just fine...just like it should...never did find out why the original one would behave that way...However the one I did receive today I did not do an firmware upgrade...just a compass calibrate and it flew great. Ill take it out this evening again...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik