New P2 Battery...

gunslinger

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I just got my new P2 battery and the first thing I noticed is that the pads that connect with the spring loaded pins on the P2 are square. The old ones were round and were much smaller in size. This is the first I've heard of this. Did I just miss that post or is this something very new? These pads have a LOT more total area... :D

-slinger

Glad you posted about new P2 battery having square contact pads. Just got a new one from Amazon with the square pads. Thought maybe I got a old model battery. All my other P2 batteries have the round small contacts. The larger pads should be easier to clean.

Yep I read a post a while back, I didnt really pay attention to it but I believe there was a slight new design in batteries. Hopefully its for the better. I have a battery only a few weeks old. When the football is over I'll compare the 2.

Yep, from what I recall it was updated to help combat the "nongenuine battery" error in flight. The spring-loaded pins were strengthened as well, and of course the firmware was tuned to not auto-land you if it was detected when armed.

ElGuano said:
Yep, from what I recall it was updated to help combat the "nongenuine battery" error in flight. The spring-loaded pins were strengthened as well, and of course the firmware was tuned to not auto-land you if it was detected when armed.

Yeah. That was my favorite feature. Umm... The aircraft is still flying and has power. But!!! That's not our battery, so down you go! Lake? Oops! :eek: :shock: :roll:

Nice... Well thought out... :D

-slinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers