New P 3 Standard pilot

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum chopper .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum chopper .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)
Thanks! Man, there is so much info in here! So here's a rookie question, I did some poking around but still not clear. After downloading the DJI App, I never did see an option to update firmware, most of the youtube vids showed it pretty clear but I never saw that option. My "About" screen shows App version 3.1.1 which is good ( I think) but the Aircraft version says "Version Unknown." Does this mean that the aircraft still needs a firmware update? Thank you.
Phantom 3 Standard.

Reaction score
The app will tell you when you need to update with a red banner at the top. The current app version is 3.1.1 and 3S drone 1.7.90. It seems random when it asks you to update. My 3S is at 1.6.80. others have had the update.

Reaction score
The app will tell you when you need to update with a red banner at the top. The current app version is 3.1.1 and 3S drone 1.7.90. It seems random when it asks you to update. My 3S is at 1.6.80. others have had the update.
Thanks for the info! How do you determine what version the drone is on? Yours is 1.6.80, how can I find mine? The "About" doesn't show it... Any thoughts?

Reaction score
mine did that once, when you go to settings, then about it shows n/a for version. I tried powering off and on few times and still didn't show. So i took it out for a flight and when I landed I checked and it showed up.

Reaction score
mine did that once, when you go to settings, then about it shows n/a for version. I tried powering off and on few times and still didn't show. So i took it out for a flight and when I landed I checked and it showed up.
Ok, cool. Maybe I'll run a couple of small flights just to cycle the system a couple of times. I shouldn't have to physically connect the controller and the drone right? Meaning with a cable... I'm pretty sure from all the video's I've watched that everyone updated the aircraft and controller over wifi. Thanks.

Reaction score
with the 3 standard, everything is done through the app. There are ways to force it, but I wouldn't unless I had to.

Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks.
Seems DJI is having some server issues and causing the drones to say Unknown Version. The quote below is from a moderator named Natalia on the DJI site.

"If the aircraft functions fine, please do not worry about that.
The unknown firmware version or incorrect version on the APP is caused by server reconfiguration and will be fixed soon
."

Aircraft Version Unknown

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Seems DJI is having some server issues and causing the drones to say Unknown Version.
Yes, this has been an ongoing issue for about a week now.

Reaction score
i just got 1.8 firmware upgrade. flew as normal no issues

Phantom Drones from EALLRC.com

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristianBeuffe