New owner of P3P will be needing help

Reaction score
Got the P3P about a week ago and have made a few short flights in my yard. I have a few question already and am sure to have many more as I learn more. Also have minimal knowledge of digital photography so will be needing help there also. I hope this is the place for that. Thanks in advance and will be posting soon.

Got the P3P about a week ago and have made a few short flights in my yard. I have a few question already and am sure to have many more as I learn more. Also have minimal knowledge of digital photography so will be needing help there also. I hope this is the place for that. Thanks in advance and will be posting soon.
Welcome to the forum!:):):)

Download this guide by FANTOMAS-- it will be a big help to you:)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/10tozj6qxe0xn96/DJI Phantom P3 Summary Guide.pdf?dl=0

Reactions: Jorovi
When registering for this forum, under Personal details, what does "status message" mean?
Im not sure-- Mine is blank -- you might ask one of the moderators.

Hi Hugh-1 and welcome!! This is a great forum with a tremendous amount of wonderful advice to be had, but... beware the curmudgeons. As far as "status message"… My status is "Perpetually Perplexed" hence my reading and rereading all the great advice on this forum!

I've had my P3P for 2 days. I've already shot video down my lake and out of visual contact. Situational awareness is a must. I have over 30,000 flight hours as a Coast Guard pilot and Commercial Jet Captain. 1500 of helicopter time. Drones are a little different but, at the risk of repeating myself, situational awareness is key. Start slow and practice control. If you are a total ham-fist, try the auto take-off and land features. Remember that the camera is always aligned with the fore and aft horizontal axis of the aircraft. Which means: when you press forward on the right stick, you go where the camera is pointed. In regard to the digital photography part. If you aren't familiar with, or don't need "raw" format, turn off the DNG feature and use JPEG only until you know what "raw" means and have a photo editor such as Adobe CS or Elements to process it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj