New owner, first test flight today..

Reaction score
Hello everyone, great board I've found here. I had flown RC gas planes on and off for quite a few years and had the basics down pretty good and recently purchased one of those "mini copters" you see at the mall that could take video and I was amazed at what I got for $79.00. I bit of research concluded exactly what I thought, there had been an explosion of these devices, particularly quadcopters in the market place. I did my research and that ended up with me buying a DJI Phantom 2 Vision + with an extra battery and hard case. I was nervous as hell watching my $1600.00 take off for the first time, but all went well on a few short flights that I made in rather significant wind. One lesson I did learn is give the WiFi unit/booster time to connect to everything before you open the DJI app. I also purchased the Phantom Booster app but didn't want to try it today. I want to get familiar with flight controls before delving in deeper. My only complaint is that DJI should tell you more about what the S1 and in particular S2 buttons are for. If someone could give me a short rundown I'd appreciate it. The S2 is for the IOC and used to bring the aircraft back to you if you flip it down all the way? Thank you!

J.

My first ever picture over my new neighborhood development.

Attachments

• test5.jpg
    test5.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 419
Congrats on your P2V+ :)

I just got mine two weeks ago and I've been having a blast flying it. Mostly over water. :mrgreen:

I also bought the WiFi booster app. It seems to work perfectly and I "boost up" my V+ for every flight. So go ahead and use it!

The S1 switch (top right) should be in the upper most position during flight. If you lose connection with the Phantom and it starts to "Return to home" you can regain control, once it gets closer, by flipping it down to either the middle or bottom position and leaving it there.

The S2 switch (top left) can set a new home point while in the air by flipping it from top to bottom quickly at least 5 times. You will see the green light flash quickly to tell you that a new home point has been set.

I believe that's all the switches do when the quad is in the easier "Phantom" mode for new pilots.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20