New-Need Help P3Advanced

Reaction score
Brand new to drones and the DJI P3A. Taking this RRREEEEAAAALLLL slow too. I finally got the qr code read. Had to use a jewelers loupe to get it done but now it's ok.

Just going through the screens and settings inside my basement . It's too cold out there to spend any time flying and around 20 degrees F.

After I turn the P3 on, the camera goes through a lot of movement and finally stabilizes pointing straight down at the floor.
My question is, with the P3 connected and setting there blinking all its leds, if I move the left control, should the camera move around? I'm seeing the camera move slightly when I move the control but it faces directly at the floor and doesn't seem to want to look around at all. I can't move it in any direction away from directly down. Is that "normal".

When I pick it up the camera moves around a little but when I stop moving and hold it still it will again lock pointing straight down. The control won't move it very much at all in any direction.

It will probably be another week or two before I'm actually ready to take it outside and start it up and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forgot: I bought this used and it seemed to work correctly when the seller flew it for a short test.

Harry

Brand new to drones and the DJI P3A. Taking this RRREEEEAAAALLLL slow too. I finally got the qr code read. Had to use a jewelers loupe to get it done but now it's ok.

Just going through the screens and settings inside my basement . It's too cold out there to spend any time flying and around 20 degrees F.

After I turn the P3 on, the camera goes through a lot of movement and finally stabilizes pointing straight down at the floor.
My question is, with the P3 connected and setting there blinking all its leds, if I move the left control, should the camera move around? I'm seeing the camera move slightly when I move the control but it faces directly at the floor and doesn't seem to want to look around at all. I can't move it in any direction away from directly down. Is that "normal".

When I pick it up the camera moves around a little but when I stop moving and hold it still it will again lock pointing straight down. The control won't move it very much at all in any direction.

It will probably be another week or two before I'm actually ready to take it outside and start it up and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forgot: I bought this used and it seemed to work correctly when the seller flew it for a short test.

Harry
When the camera's gone through its initial "dance session", it should be pointing straight ahead, not down. The camera doesn't move around with input from the sticks - if you want to look to one side, you do this by turning the P3 with the left stick. The tiny amount of movement you see when you use the stick is normal, and is there to keep the video smooth when you turn. The only control you have for camera movement is up and down, which is controlled by the wheel on the top left of the controller.
It may be worth your while to look at the controller settings in the app where you have the option to customise the C1 and C2 buttons...one of the options is to set the button to make the camera switch from straight ahead to straight down....give that a try, and see if it produces any result. (Any adjustment to settings needs to be done with everything connected and turned on).

If you haven't already done it, download the full manual from the DJI site, and have a good read.
Phantom 3 Advanced - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO - DJI

See if you can get the camera to point forward by toggling the gimble wheel (top front right of the controller (while you are holding it). It should point forward after the imitialisation routine is completed.

I had this problem once with the camera looking down. I used the gimble dial to get the camera looking straight ahead and then did a gimbal calibration through the go app. All worked well and it's not come back. The small movement you see on the camera is normal and as previously said to to keep you video smooth not pan around. Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: MMMII
Try calibrating your remote controller like this:

OK, just to close this out, my problem was not knowing how to operate the P3. I pushed the C1 button (without knowing what it was for :) )which caused the camera to look down. Plus, I thought the left stick was supposed to move the camera around when it is only to make the drone look left and right. I didn't know about the wheel moving the camera up and down. So that problem is fixed ! I'm going to try to do the first flight tomorrow. Fingers crossed !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20