New motors ?

Reaction score
So after trying a few things I think I need to get new motors. As at least two are running slow due to my "heavy landing" the other day. I don't plan to upgrade the ESC's so I think I'll stick with the 2212 motors

My question is what motors should I go for. I see T motors get a good report but I do wonder about aftermarket stuff. I could just buy the DJI 2212 motors but I'd like to hear if anyone would recommend something better that still works with the V2 ESC's

Last edited:
So after trying a few things I think I need to get new motors. As at least two are running slow due to my "heavy landing" the other day. I don't plan to upgrade the ESC's so I think I'll stick with the 2212 motors

My question is what motors should I go for. I see T motors get a good report but I do wonder about aftermarket stuff. I could just buy the DJI 2212 motors but I'd like to hear if anyone would recommend something better that still works with the V2 ESC's

More then likely you damaged the ESC boards and not the motors But to be on the safe side get both and stick with OEM parts. Prices are fairly low here is the US compared to the UK. An ESC is $19.00 and motors cw $14.99 and ccw $16.00.

Is there a way to tell if the ESC is damaged? What type of problem would that exhibit. Currently the quad wanders when hovering and its wobbly I thought the motors were to blame as the quad spent a bit of time in its back with the props stuck in grass before I got to it and switched it off

Is there a way to tell if the ESC is damaged? What type of problem would that exhibit. Currently the quad wanders when hovering and its wobbly I thought the motors were to blame as the quad spent a bit of time in its back with the props stuck in grass before I got to it and switched it off

What's a brushless motor consist of copper wire, stators, magnets and bearings pretty basic stuff not likely to be damaged like in your case but the ESC on the other hand can be damaged by trying turn those motors. The only way for you is by swapping motors but I wouldn't try flying it. If you order ESC boards they will be the updated units v2.1 and they will work with the v 2 modules if you have the earlier version ESC's.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic