New motors?

Reaction score
Hi Guys, newbie here,

I want to make really smooth jello-free videos, and I've read hundreds of posts on mounts, gimbals, sorbothane pads, moon gel and GoPro settings. I have carefully balanced the props (8 in the box), but before I mounted them I powered up the Phantom and was surprised to find how much vibration there is, all the way from idle to full speed. Is this normal? The motors are aluminium coloured, and do not carry any labels. I believe my Phantom has come from the latest batch here in the UK.
Anyone else seeing this?

Pligo

No labels. Hmmm... You think maybe they have gone to a more generic (cheaper) motor on newer Phantoms to reduce production cost?

I guess that by the way the Phantom is constructed you will never get it perfectly jellofree
without doing some radical changes. The GoPro gimbal and the motors are connected to
the same part of the chassis, it will always make vibrations and cause jello.
There is aftermarked gimbals you can buy that will help a lot, or you can use the Phantom
as a training device and build yourself a much better (for jellofree videos) quad like the QAV500.

The Phantom is a low cost (read cheap) device designed for fun and not for serious photo or video.
Its perferct for what it was meant to be, you may have to spend more money to get a professional platform.

just my two cents.........

Sac D said:
No labels. Hmmm... You think maybe they have gone to a more generic (cheaper) motor on newer Phantoms to reduce production cost?

I hope that's not the answer, the latest batch on sale in the UK cost GBP40 more!

pligo said:
Sac D said:

I hope that's not the answer, the latest batch on sale in the UK cost GBP40 more!

odd, sounds slightly suspicious to be honest. might want to confirm that you actually got a brand new Phantom and not a customer return.
perhaps upload a video of what's occurring.

Gizmo3000 said:
pligo said:
Sac D said:

odd, sounds slightly suspicious to be honest. might want to confirm that you actually got a brand new Phantom and not a customer return.
perhaps upload a video of what's occurring.

it should be label...did u check all the motor screws too? check carefully the frames,or maybe dents etc2 make sure u get a brand new one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj