New modes

Reaction score
As stated before the standard Ipad with out GPS does not operate all three new modes but only the POI one. I tried the Follow Me and Waypoint with my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini phone and they worked fine, The screen is too small and there is that lag in the picture which you do not get with the IPad. If I upgrade to the Ipad mini 2 cellular will I need a phone contract for the GPS system to work.

I loved watching all the new videos of POI, follow me Monday. I haven't tried it yet, a bit of gout keeping me from testing after the upgrade. Wonder as we see more video's people will become more brave and start doing more follow me closer and closer.

I loved watching all the new videos of POI, follow me Monday. I haven't tried it yet, a bit of gout keeping me from testing after the upgrade. Wonder as we see more video's people will become more brave and start doing more follow me closer and closer.
You are absolutely right about being closer but the problem is the very wide lens on the camera. I attempted to get close to a static boat just recently and went as close as I dared but even then when viewing the video is was not whet you would all real close. If you add to that a moving target i.e. a person walking or running it would need the Phantom with its four whirring propellers hovering inches from you face. Maybe if I could borrow a divers helmet! But you are absolutely right the closer shots would be stunning.

If I upgrade to the Ipad mini 2 cellular will I need a phone contract for the GPS system to work.
No. I have the cellular iPad Mini 2 model and GPS works just fine without cell service enabled.

No. I have the cellular iPad Mini 2 model and GPS works just fine without cell service enabled.
Thanks for that i shall save up for the cellular version. The cost of having another cellphone contract would have been a bit too much. Appreciate your reply.

I use Samsung Tab 4 on Airplane mode (no wi-fi or cellular) and Follow-me works fine. Just sayin'...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl