New mission new risk

Reaction score
Weather is 7.c
Wind is 12MPH
Flight height is 122 metres
Distance is 7.1km
Flight time 11 mins

Will the experienced flyers let me know if this is safe to do or am I pushing it to much. Cheers guys

Personally, I wouldn't. If the wind at ground-level is 12MPH, you can bet at 122 meters with no ground friction it will be higher, could be double that. My concern would be faster battery drain and I wouldn't attempt a flight that far. Some may feel that wind against you in one direction will help you in the other direction. But a cross wind will have the motors fighting to stay on track the entire time.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Let me oversimplify this response...

There are two scenarios here:
1) You have no clue as to the risk and want someone else to make the decision for you.

2) Your 'inner voice' suspects this is risky and is looking for a contrarian POV so you can justify the flight.

I vote for #2 but either way you are the PIC and responsible for any issues which may occur.

Need more info.

Is the wind in the OP at height or at surface?

Will it be a cross wind or head wind or tail wind or are you flying in a big circle?

Are your going to warm the battery before flight?

4.4 miles. This must be total miles right? Not four miles out

Reactions: Neon Euc
In addition, if flying in the U.S., what you are contemplating is also illegal without a spotter since you will not be capable of VLOS of the drone that far out.

Thanks for the replies guys. Couldn’t do the mission as the way points were to far apart so couldn’t launch. However I went ahead and done an old mission anyway and all is well. Apart from a lot of cell deviations I noticed (started another thread for that) thanks for all the input. And the phantom flew like it was summer time. No flying time reduction or anything

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers