NEW mini4 (iOS 9) issue

Reaction score
I just downloaded everything and test flew mp P3P with my new iPAD mini 4 and huge video lag. (the mini-4 has the same power as the Air 2) so I'm assuming it a software glitch. I tried it with Autopilot as well and same video glitch. Sold my mini 2 so I stuck with my iPhone 6+ until I would expect a firmware update.

I just downloaded everything and test flew mp P3P with my new iPAD mini 4 and huge video lag. (the mini-4 has the same power as the Air 2) so I'm assuming it a software glitch. I tried it with Autopilot as well and same video glitch. Sold my mini 2 so I stuck with my iPhone 6+ until I would expect a firmware update.
... hmmm , thanks for sharing !!!

Yikes! Just got my mini4 and am sending this message from it now while it restores my settings. Hope to try it tomorrow. Have you applied the typical methods to minimize this? How about the wet paper towel on back trick?

My iPad mini 4 turned up today but I won't get to fly with it until Saturday. I wonder if anyone else is having the same issues?

Maybe a software issue? I have a new iPad mini 2. After about 15 min of flying the lag is terrible for me. Wonder if my iPad is heating up.

Maybe a software issue? I have a new iPad mini 2. After about 15 min of flying the lag is terrible for me. Wonder if my iPad is heating up.
I had a mini 2 previous to the 4 getting here (3 batteries and never had any lag with the mini 2, it did drone battery and get hot), I didn't have time to try my iPhone 6+ both on iOS 9 to see if it's an issue with iOS 9?

I'm downloading iOS 9 right now. I'll take a few test flights and see what kind of results I get.

Actually the Keynote information was wrong. Go to Apples web site. The iPad Mini 4 has the power of an iPhone 6, not an iPad Air 2. For the Mini to have the "same power" as the iPad Air 2 it would need to have the same processor. But the Mini 4 uses the A8 chip, a dual core CPU. The iPad Air 2 uses the A8X tri core processor. They both have 2GB Ram tho

Anyway I would suggest deleting the app and reinstalling and see if it helps.. Could also be that it's a comparability issue with iOS 9. In Nov iOS 9.1 should be out and may improve things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso
I tried my Ipad mini 2 on IOS 9 and there was lots of lag, I left my IPAD AIR 2 with IOS 8.4 and have no lag. Not going to update the AIR 2 for a until I hear that there is a fix.

I will have to add that I did experience lag when streaming the video to YouTube but I assume that's expected. I hadn't tried streaming until after upgrading to the new OS so I was unable to compare

Can you get the iPad Air 2 in cellular version ?

I use an Apple iPad Air 2 64GB Cellular. It's awesome. Works like a magic charm with the Go App and Phantom 3 Firmware. Only the iPad Air Cellular versions, have the GPS built in.
I think it's the preferred device among the "in crowd".
When the iPad Air 3 128GB Cellular gets out, that will be the $hit. To get. I plan on upgrading, and dumping this iPad Air 2. . . For one.

Wondering how this newly updated iOS 9 will be with the Go App?

Gee not another Zeppelin? Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Reed L
Good to hear, I will wait for a few more to respond before I try my Air 2. I really want to upgrade but don't want to lose my P3 Main tablet. Thanks for your response.

What makes you believe you're going to lose it? Seems to me, it well should Only be, a better companion.
I went flying today, only to discover my micro sd card was full. Flew one battery and then went directly to Memory Express. ;-) Picked up a 64gb Lexar micro sd card. Bamm

RedHotPoker

What makes you believe you're going to lose it? Seems to me, it well should Only be, a better companion.
I went flying today, only to discover my micro sd card was full. Flew one battery and then went directly to Memory Express. ;-) Picked up a 64gb Lexar micro sd card. Bamm

RedHotPoker
Just worried about the lag is all. I have personally experienced LAG so much you can't fly FPV with the IPAD mini 2 so I don't want to rush into something that can't be undone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1