New member. P2 or P2 vision+?

Reaction score
Looking to get my first drone. Not sure whether to get P2 with gopro or the vision+. love the dji app, but not sure about the video quality of the vision camera.

1newbie said:
Looking to get my first drone. Not sure whether to get P2 with gopro or the vision+. love the dji app, but not sure about the video quality of the vision camera.

I've seen a lot of vision camera footage that is pretty good. However a lot of people (including myself) prefer the gopro footage.

It gets a lot more expensive to use the gopro if you start adding things like FPV and the ground station etc... So if money is a big issue, I'd suggest starting with the vision and see if it suits your purpose....

I love my phantom 2 non-vision... But...

900.00 with zenmuse (when I purchased it)
400.00 go pro
200.00 ground station
500.00 kumbacam

Yep 2k in the air :) shudder.... Lol :)

On ebay, P2 v3 kits with fpv and 3d gimbal for $1100. Just add gopro. The vision with the app does add some cool features.

1newbie said:
On ebay, P2 v3 kits with fpv and 3d gimbal for $1100. Just add gopro. The vision with the app does add some cool features.

Yeah..as is my luck... I purchased about a month before a price drop lol... So yeah..

400 gopro
And if you want ground station 200 more :)

Ease into it sloooooowly.
Except on takeoff. Goose it..
They're nice little machines.
I find the video stability and quality very acceptable on my 2+. Much more satisfactory, as far a the gimbal on my 2.
I did add the crash protection shown at the bottom of this page and the gimbals are known to be fragile.
Good luck

1newbie said:
Picked up a vision+, nervous about first flight today!

Congrats! As stated above.. Baby steps... Get really used to things before moving on to trickier things.

And +1 on goosing it to get it up to 5 to 8 ft... You want to get it away from ground effect asap for the smoothest flight and although your instinct is to keep close to the ground... The ground is not your friend :)

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but on a similar note, my P2V+ went "away". I now have a P2, no camera. Without that great Vision app on my iPhone, where do I get all that cool info like altitude, distance, battery charge, etc.? Must I go the OSD transmitter route to see that info?
Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj