New Member, Just Placed Order Today

Reaction score
Living In The Woods Of Beautiful Bonney Lake, WA
First of all, wow, that was a tough question to register for this forum. "Who makes the camera made to mount under the phantom?" Well, it turns out the answer is GoPro. Except I think GoPro has been around longer than Phantom. A lot of searching trying to find the manufacturer only to determine on my own what I was supposed to put there. Might consider a different question, but it's probably just me...

I've been reading these forums and watching YouTube videos for about two weeks, ever since a friend of mine posted a video of he and his brother flying the brother's new Vision over the golf course behind my friends house. I was immediately hooked! As all you Vision owners know, the cool factor is powerful. I determined I had to have one, but I like to research relatively large purchases so that is what I've been doing.

The talk of a Vision + just about derailed me. Mentions of fly-a-ways just about derailed me. The talk of bricked cameras after a firmware upgrade just about derailed me. But then the positive discussions, the beautiful videos and a recent comment from Pull_Up sealed the deal. I called B&H Photo and my new Vision with lots of accessories will be here in two days!

I ordered 4 extra propellers, two extra batteries and a second charger, a wheeled hard case designed for the Vision and of course the quad copter itself. I asked if they create package-deal-pricing and the answer was "yes!" Well, it took a little waiting while the sales person contacted management and some e-mails back and forth, but they did come down a little on the price. Not on any of the DJI stuff because of an agreement DJI has with all of their dealers. Not on the case because of whatever reason, but on the shipping. I wanted two day shipping because we will be gone some in the next week or so and I thought it might require a signature. Friday looks like a good day to receive the package. Full price two day shipping would have been $124.00. They reduced it to $56.00. So with all the items accounted for and in stock, the final price delivered to me in two days is $1,875.89. Not what I had hoped for and plenty steep for a new, unfamiliar hobby, but at least I got them to come down some.

I'm looking forward to receiving the package and will be taking my time getting it all updated and set up. Until then, I will be reading the manual and continue reading this forum and watching videos. A Big thank you to all of you that have taken the time to post videos and answer questions. Hopefully one day I will be with you on both fronts.

Phil in Bonney Lake, Washington, USA

First rule: Never connect or disconnect the USB cable while the Vision is Powered On.

I also read the forums and watched videos by Pull_Up and others... Watch all of Colin Guinn's videos as well. Good Luck and... Welcome aboard!

The Rookie

BTW - the Vision comes with 4 extra props already. So now you will have TWO extra sets. I really like that DJI puts extra screws in as well. Always good to have a spare or two of those tiny little buggers!!

Welcome to a great Hobby, like the others already said watch the videos available and be sure to do you pre-flight check..happy flying....

The vision and accessories arrived yesterday. It's sitting right next to me. But, it's my wife's "birthday week" as she likes to call it when she's not calling it her "birthday month." We have overnight company and more coming later today for a surprise party. We are going to have a house full for a couple days then we have "life" to deal with. I'm thinking I may not get at this until about Tuesday or Wednesday. Dang! I sure would like to start getting my new flying camera set up, but I want to be able to take the time to get it right, so I'll just have to wait. But, it's killing me! :cry:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie