New member here

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This past week I purchased my first drone, the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. It's a great piece of technology, but I already wish I had purchased one of the higher end models. So my next question is directed to the Phantom 4 owners.

Should I purchase a Phantom 4 or just go with the Phantom 3 Pro? I'm more interested in the reliability of the drone at range. I know even the advanced model will have the same range as the pro, but if I'm going to buy a new drone I might as well just pay the little extra and get a better camera.

Is the P4 worth the extra cash? I've seen some members complaining about the reduced battery life and range, but are those things that can be fixed via a firmware update? Any advice or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Welcome. You have came to the right place for information. Enjoy your time here. Be sure to read all you can. There are tons of threads on just about any subject you can think of that has to do with the quad-copters. The search function works well here. Use it often, you will find what ever you need. In that rare case that you can not, there are great people here to help. Thanks for coming to Phantom Pilots! You are family now.

You definitely need to check out all the P4 posts. I do not have one myself. The people that do have them is kind of a mixed bag on the performance. Search the forums for all the P4 posts that would be your most informative way to find the answer to your questions.

Mike

Welcome and congrats on your P3. I traded my P3P in for a P4. Was it worth it? As of now yes. Will that be my disposition 6 months down the road? Who knows. I've had no issues with the P4. I'm sure you've read some of the posts on here where some have had issues. There are a lot of people who have had problems with battery life and range, and there are others who, like me, have gotten great range and battery life. But, just because I'm getting good range and battery life doesn't mean the ones that aren't are not legitimate complaints. There are some well respected pilots in this community who know 100 times more about these things than I do that are having problems. All I can say is read the hell out of all these posts and keep an open mind. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Welcome to the forum. It serves you well to do a lot of research when comparing the P3 Pro and the P4. I dont see any objective proof the camera is any better on the P4 compared to the P3 Pro. Please post documentation if you know otherwise. The mounting evidence about the reduced range on the P4 is rather substantial at this point. Flight times seem to be about equal to the P3P as well. Think carefully before you buy.

The best bang for your buck is a P3 Advanced or a P4 Pro if you can find one new from a reputable seller at the $799 deal. The P4 I'd have to say wait a bit while the kinks work out as its been a mixed bag. My P4 gets decent range but the battery life has been a huge disappointment. For the price of a P4 you can get the Advanced, several extra batteries, a case, etc.. Hopefully DJI will work out the P4 issues in time.

Welcome. You have came to the right place for information. Enjoy your time here. Be sure to read all you can. There are tons of threads on just about any subject you can think of that has to do with the quad-copters. The search function works well here. Use it often, you will find what ever you need. In that rare case that you can not, there are great people here to help. Thanks for coming to Phantom Pilots! You are family now.

You definitely need to check out all the P4 posts. I do not have one myself. The people that do have them is kind of a mixed bag on the performance. Search the forums for all the P4 posts that would be your most informative way to find the answer to your questions.

Mike

Hey everyone,

This past week I purchased my first drone, the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. It's a great piece of technology, but I already wish I had purchased one of the higher end models. So my next question is directed to the Phantom 4 owners.

Should I purchase a Phantom 4 or just go with the Phantom 3 Pro? I'm more interested in the reliability of the drone at range. I know even the advanced model will have the same range as the pro, but if I'm going to buy a new drone I might as well just pay the little extra and get a better camera.

Is the P4 worth the extra cash? I've seen some members complaining about the reduced battery life and range, but are those things that can be fixed via a firmware update? Any advice or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Hi. AES256 .I'm a new member to I had a P3 and sold it and purchased my P4 I wish you lived in Brooklyn New York. I have not flown her yet due to the weather been kind of cooled to fly .But i'm looking for warm day to try out. From everything I read and all the tech questions I asked DJI and all the great videos I've watched this seems to the best Phantom ever made.Buy and Enjoy.

I do not have one myself.
Mike

question is directed to the Phantom 4 owners. YOU DON'T OWN ONE
12553059_10156433950620224_5430512205486716078_n.jpg

Reactions: Ramphex
Welcome to the forum. It serves you well to do a lot of research when comparing the P3 Pro and the P4. I dont see any objective proof the camera is any better on the P4 compared to the P3 Pro. Please post documentation if you know otherwise. The mounting evidence about the reduced range on the P4 is rather substantial at this point. Flight times seem to be about equal to the P3P as well. Think carefully before you buy.

question is directed to the Phantom 4 owners. DO YOU OWN ONE?
12553059_10156433950620224_5430512205486716078_n.jpg

Personally I would invest into a P4. If the stock range is an issue, would consider the MAXXUAV antenna updates. Overall both P3 and P4 are quality pieces of equipment but I feel as P4 being the latest technology will only get better with firmware updates.

Nice, welcome to the forum, P4 as greater speed, but a little less range (witch can be easily fixed by searching for P3 or P4 windsurfer antenna on amazon or ebay), also P4 as more options and is said to have a better lens and stability. P3 Advanced is the best Bang for the Buck but lacks the P4 options...

Hope you enjoy your stay with us ! :)

It really does seem hit and miss with these P4's at the moment, fortunately I got a clear HIT. My opinion based on "MY" P4 and "MY" P3P is that there is no way to recommend a P3P over P4 based on performance, as my P4 beats my P3P in all aspects. If you go the P4 route, get it from Apple and abuse their 14 day return policy to exchange it until you get a better performing model, they're out there...... I own one, good luck.

Reactions: Ramphex
Thanks everyone for the advice. I decided to go with a P3P for the time being. I was happy with my P3S but I wanted a bit more range and 4k video on a proven product. I'm sure I'll be happy with the P3P and my grandfather will be happy with the standard that I'll be giving him once my new drone arrives.

Reactions: isopro
The camera is 4k as opposed to the advanced which has 2.7k. I figured while I was already spending the money I might as well spend 200 dollars more.

Cost 993 on Amazon and came with an extra battery. You can get the regular P3P package for about 850.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31