New Mechanic.... and hopping to be a pilot.

Reaction score
I got a Phantom 1 at the perfect price. Free!!! But its going to need some work.
20171003_215422.jpg

The guy I got it from told me he crashed it then "rebuilt it" and crashed it again.
My goal is to fly it... and possibly FPV flight.

I guess I'm not sure where to start. It needs a battier and charger. I also need a frame and props but want to test everything before I get to invested. I was planning on building something custom at some point but couldn't pass this deal up. Do you guys think this is worth rebuilding?

Extra images
20171003_215931.jpg
20171003_215935.jpg
20171003_220249.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.

Greetings & welcome to the forum.
Well it was cheap enough, but how much to get it back in the air, and is everything else ok, or is a pile of junk. If it were me, I'd keep it as a spare & look around for a second hand drone thats in one piece.
Good luck

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Shouldn't you always wear a grounding strap with handling the chips on circuit boards....I know you can sure ruin them by static electricity off a hand by touching the boards.....well If you never had a wrist strap.....i think some boards are No good now.

As long as he grounded himself, or touched the metal frame first and stayed in contact with the frame he should be all right.

Don

As long as he grounded himself, or touched the metal frame first and stayed in contact with the frame he should be all right.

Don
Thats Good BUT the ever day fixer Upper might not know that very thing...Even when you work inside a unplugged computer OR any thing with chips in them can be destroyed beyond repair by static electricity ! shall we ask the guy ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj