New Mavic Imminent?!

Reaction score
So this morning best buy just dropped the mavic pro to $814. Does this mean they are getting rid of stock, and preparing to sell mavic pro 2? I can’t help but feel this is the case.

IMG_0453.jpg

Everyone knows that something is in the works. However latest rumors are not what I had hoped for camera wise @12MP still. Maybe new chip will have better DR and not the same terrible noise algorithms that DJI used on the Mavic Pro and PP, more like the ones used on the Mavic Air.

I expected it to show up around Photokina time, Sept. 2018.

Paul Caldwell

That's a very good indicator that "something" is going to change in the near future.

Does this mean they are getting rid of stock, and preparing to sell mavic pro 2?
I doubt it. The Mavic Pro really has no other competition right now, so there's no sense in releasing a new model. I don't think we're going to see a new Mavic until Autel finally releases the EVO.

I doubt it. The Mavic Pro really has no other competition right now, so there's no sense in releasing a new model. I don't think we're going to see a new Mavic until Autel finally releases the EVO.
I have to agree with Mike, I think the MP2 release will be near the same time Autel finally releases the EVO or perhaps they are waiting to see what Parrot is revealing in 15 days. I'm guessing it will be something that will compete with the Mavic line.

I have to agree with Mike, I think the MP2 release will be near the same time Autel finally releases the EVO or perhaps they are waiting to see what Parrot is revealing in 15 days. I'm guessing it will be something that will compete with the Mavic line.
I would never buy a parrot unable to talk

Reactions: DKG13CC
So this morning best buy just dropped the mavic pro to $814. Does this mean they are getting rid of stock, and preparing to sell mavic pro 2? I can’t help but feel this is the case.

View attachment 99154

The price of the MP goes up and down. It actually dropped below $800 a few months ago, then sprang back a week later. The only thing this means is that DJI or distributor is adjusting price to promote sales, possibly due to lagging sales. Hopefully you bought one at $814, because they are now back to $999 at Best Buy. And there's no such thing as a Mavic Pro 2. Ask DJI.

Reactions: gppms
The price of the MP goes up and down. It actually dropped below $800 a few months ago, then sprang back a week later. The only thing this means is that DJI or distributor is adjusting price to promote sales, possibly due to lagging sales. Hopefully you bought one at $814, because they are now back to $999 at Best Buy. And there's no such thing as a Mavic Pro 2. Ask DJI.
Of course there isn't. Yet. What about tomorrow?

Of course there isn't. Yet. What about tomorrow?

Hehe... I just like teasing the fanboys over this one. Rumors over a "Mavic Pro 2" first started in January 2017, maybe even sooner. That's 18 months ago. And it was all speculation. To this date DJI never even hinted they would release a Mavic Pro 2, which is normal for them even if they were to release a new drone. And they did already release Mavic Pro successors with the Platinum and Air. In all likelihood, DJI will release something timed with Autel's release of their Evo. Maybe that will be a Mavic Pro 2.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4