New LANNC authorization required for each battery change?

Reaction score
Have any of you found that when needing to change batteries in the middle of a mapping mission, within an airspace in which LANNC authorization was required (and unlocking of the DJI software to allow take-off), that the unlock was 'lost' during the battery change, and you had to apply for authorization again, and unlock again, in order to continue the mission? Solutions to this aggravation?

Have any of you found that when needing to change batteries in the middle of a mapping mission, within an airspace in which LANNC authorization was required (and unlocking of the DJI software to allow take-off), that the unlock was 'lost' during the battery change, and you had to apply for authorization again, and unlock again, in order to continue the mission? Solutions to this aggravation?
Two completely separate things. LAANC and DJI Geo Zone unlock are totally independent. LAANC authorization is obtained from the FAA and makes you legally authorized to fly in that location for the specified time period. You only need to do that once, unless you exceed the time window and need to request for a new time (or even a new location).

DJI Geo Zone unlock can be done either in advance or on-site. The instant on-site authorization is only good for the amount of time until you power off. If you want to have a longer window (3 days) you need to plan in advance and get the authorization online from a PC before you leave. You then download the authorization to the drone itself via the DJI app and you will have the unlock good for the period specified.

Thanks. My student was just using the DJI instant unlock, I think. Have clarified that it wasn't the LANNC authorization that was problematic. WE'll try out this 'longer window' approach in the future!....

Last edited:

Yes. The following data will make all your problems go away. I map several times a month unencumbered by erroneous permissions issues. I assume you use a P4P for your mapping jobs. If you don't, you should.

App version (Go 4): v4.0.8
Aircraft firmware: v1.3.509
Remote firmware: v01.04.01.00
Precise Fly Safe database: v00.00.01.04
Basic Fly Safe database: v00.00.01.04

I've been using my P4P for mapping for almost 4 years. Only one time did I encounter permissions issues when I was mapping 1 mile from a Class D airport. I could not get any "Intelligent Flight Modes" to work. Fortunately, the mapping area was very small (7 acres, I believe), so I mapped it "manually." Anything outside 1.5 miles of any controlled air space and I can map normally using my waypoint software.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic