New landing gear

Reaction score
I havent even gotten my Phantom yet and im already designing things for it LOL. I dabble in CAD and other 3d design software....I also have a 3d printer so I can print out my designs for testing/using. But I wanted some different landing gear to play with. I designed this yesterday with both holes and no holes. I will print out out this weekend and weigh it and let you guys know. I will try to get a full set printed out pretty quick also to show what it will look like on the Phantom as well but I have some other 3D printing jobs that i need to get done also.

Attachments

• phantom landing.PNG
    phantom landing.PNG
    33.4 KB · Views: 452
  • phantom landing1.PNG
    phantom landing1.PNG
    21.7 KB · Views: 470
How about incorporating antenna, compass, and CAN-Bus mounting holes into them?

N017RW said:
How about incorporating antenna, compass, and CAN-Bus mounting holes into them?
Im good with that....I just need to know what i need LOL. Like i said i designed these without having my Phantom yet. The center hole (between the 2 screw holes) will allow the wires to pass through but i assume you are talking about where the compass mounts to the leg and so on? I just need measurements of how far down the leg the mounts need to be and how they mount and so on. The antenna and compass I can get once my Phantom show up....what/where does the CAN-Bus mount?

Just realized I was in the P1 section.

But you want to make them universal to all Phantom variants thus far (P1, P2, P2V, P2V+).

When you get yours you'll see there is at least one item attached to each leg.

Find a way to incorporate the brackets used and make them part of the leg itself (if possible).

I guess i need to get my paws on some of the other landing gear so i can make sure they all fit. Im not looking to start a business or anything. I just like to design stuff and i can produce it on a low volume scale pretty easy. Like i said i will get some printed out this weekend and show you guys. I just think that the 3d printer lends its self well to being an accompaniment to the hobby of quadcopters

well i printed my first one tonight....here is a video of what it looks like. I wanted it semi flexable so it takes some of the shock out of any hard landings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1