New Landing Gear = Problems

Reaction score
Hi, My Girfrined purchased a new landing gear for my P2 http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/pro...iber_landing_gear_light_10820367-p-27432.html.

FItted them today (fast 24 hour deliver, cant fault Sellers) re calibrated compass, test flight....all hell broke loose. Was in GPS mode, had satellite locks all pre check were fine. P2 went on a very fast flight to nowhere after scooting to around 50ft, then dive bombing the ground, never have i loved weeds so much in my life they saved my P2.

Put original landing gear back on and no problems. Bit of reading later and it appears the compass must be in the or as close to stock position as possable, can anyone else confirm this to be the case.

TIA Jayne

I'll confirm that for you. It needs to be in a similar place and same orientation.

Your link shows one included.

If you don't use the mount supplied, another option is to cut one of your old landing gear legs attach in original place and attach compass there. Search the threads, alot of guys using this method.

N017RW said:
Your link shows one included.

When assembled and installed the mountpoint is around 1" lower and 1.5" further out, also you have to rotate the compass to install, so as it hold in place.

Here's what I did.

vckPmoBl.jpg

Well done.

I understand the confusion now, the gear kit, in the link you posted does not show tubular components but rather sheet cut components.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers