New Jersey: Mt Arlington, Hopatcong, Roxbury, Hackettstown, Wharton, Dover

Reaction score
Looking for New Jersey drone pilots in or near Mt Arlington, Roxbury, Hopatcong, Hackettstown, Wharton or Dover to get together and fly. I've located a few of hassle-free places to fly in Roxbury, and even cleared it with the Parks and Recreation folks.

Last edited:
Looking for New Jersey drone pilots in or near Mt Arlington, Roxbury, Hopatcong, Hackettstown, Wharton or Dover to get together and fly. I've located a few of hassle-free places to fly in Roxbury, and even cleared it with the Parks and Recreation folks.

Been flying mostly at Horseshoe Lake in Roxbury, while I learn how to fly my Phantom 4 better. Trying to find new/better locations in the area to fly! From Ledgewood here.

67ca12620be571fb2a6e8099d87ecc39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: USER455
Been flying mostly at Horseshoe Lake in Roxbury, while I learn how to fly my Phantom 4 better. Trying to find new/better locations in the area to fly! From Ledgewood here.

67ca12620be571fb2a6e8099d87ecc39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi Antnyp85, I considered Horseshoe Lake but figured that it gets too crowded with people. I've been using Emmans Road Soccer Field in Ledgewood, and I really like Chubb Park in Chester. Both are almost always empty and no one ever "messes" with me when I'm flying my Drone. Chubb park is perfect, especially weekend mornings. But Emmans is closer. I'd really like to do some flying by the coast, or up in the mountains. I'm available just about any week day after 4:00pm, and weekend mornings. Let me know if you want to get together and fly. I'm also just getting in to R/C Helicopters. Progress has been frustratingly slow, but I'm enjoying it.

Regards,
Jaime

Reactions: antnyp85
Hi Antnyp85, I considered Horseshoe Lake but figured that it gets too crowded with people. I've been using Emmans Road Soccer Field in Ledgewood, and I really like Chubb Park in Chester. Both are almost always empty and no one ever "messes" with me when I'm flying my Drone. Chubb park is perfect, especially weekend mornings. But Emmans is closer. I'd really like to do some flying by the coast, or up in the mountains. I'm available just about any week day after 4:00pm, and weekend mornings. Let me know if you want to get together and fly. I'm also just getting in to R/C Helicopters. Progress has been frustratingly slow, but I'm enjoying it.

Regards,
Jaime
Hmm yeah, Horseshoe Lake will get busier once it gets warmer out. Right now it's not busy at all, so it's perfect for me to learn. The Emman's Road Soccer Field is right by me. Would have to check out Chubb Park in Chester. I'll send you a message. Thanks!

I'm from Sparta, and fly over Lake Mohawk a lot now. Looking for more spots to fly at once it warms up.

I'm from Sparta, and fly over Lake Mohawk a lot now. Looking for more spots to fly at once it warms up.

Cool. And I was just talking to my one coworker that I just found out has a Phantom 3 and says he flies it over at Lake Hopatcong a lot. I definitely can't wait for it to warm up. 27 degrees today sucks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Cool. And I was just talking to my one coworker that I just found out has a Phantom 3 and says he flies it over at Lake Hopatcong a lot. I definitely can't wait for it to warm up. 27 degrees today sucks.

Ya the cold weather flying is no fun, my fingers go numb mid flight. I need to find a pair of gloves that I like and aren't too bulky.

Hey guys, Budd Lake section of Mount Olive here. I have a P3S and recently parted together a P3P, and am able to reach the lake from my house (especially with the P3P). Budd Lake has a beach/rec area on the western side of the lake, right off Rt 46 that is usually pretty quiet and gives good LOS to the other side of the lake, which is roughly one mile. There also a huge park (Turkey Brook) in town, but I'm not sure how drone friendly it would be, especially in the warmer months. Here's one of my first videos I put together last weekend taken from my house.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well this weekend was beautiful to fly. I once again stuck to what I know and went to Horseshoe Lake by my house in Roxbury for some simple flying. Once spring hits then I'll head to Lake Hopatcong or something. Here's a pic from today.

68ac9500ee22a44004b268fa89ad6b24.jpg

Reactions: USER455
That's awesome, how did you get the trees to look so good? They look really skimpy and brown down the road in Denville! Nice.

That's awesome, how did you get the trees to look so good? They look really skimpy and brown down the road in Denville! Nice.

Hey, thanks! I think I was just lucky with the time of day plus the angle I was flying at/shooting. I had a Polar Pro ND Filter on (I can't recall but I think it was ND 8PL) and then touched it up in Photoshop Elements 15.

Ugh just found this out, for anyone in Morris County... Don't try and fly in any Morris County Parks...

"Section 5. Models
No person shall engage in the use of gas or battery powered model aviation devices, model motor vehicles or boats, whether radio controlled or not, except at areas designated by the park commission or as authorized by permit."

Park Rules & Regulations | Morris County Parks

So that rules out County Parks, State Parks, and National Parks, lol...

Hi I recently bought a p4 , didn't know about all this crazy regulations . I was planing to fly over some parks in the Morristown area , I guess that will be a big no no !! I'm from pompton lakes btw .

Sent from my SM-G935P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi I recently bought a p4 , didn't know about all this crazy regulations . I was planing to fly over some parks in the Morristown area , I guess that will be a big no no !! I'm from pompton lakes btw .

Sent from my SM-G935P using PhantomPilots mobile app
I didn't know about the Morris County Parks thing either... It'll vary by county. But definitely not allowed in NJ State Parks or in National Parks. Very disappointing.

Hey guys, Budd Lake section of Mount Olive here. I have a P3S and recently parted together a P3P, and am able to reach the lake from my house (especially with the P3P). Budd Lake has a beach/rec area on the western side of the lake, right off Rt 46 that is usually pretty quiet and gives good LOS to the other side of the lake, which is roughly one mile. There also a huge park (Turkey Brook) in town, but I'm not sure how drone friendly it would be, especially in the warmer months. Here's one of my first videos I put together last weekend taken from my house.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hi Rival, you down for flying at Budd Lake this Sunday? I've flown with Antnyp85 and have invited him too.

Hey Guys, I'm new to the site and flying. Picked up a P3S about 3-weeks ago. looking forward to doing some more flying once the weather warms up. I've done most of my flying locally in Sussex County.

Scott

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers