New Jersey drone shooter facing two felony charges

Reaction score
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/new-jersey-drone-shooting-case-213450

droneview.jpg

Wonder what Tony Soprano would do...

Reactions: dirkclod
'Joiesy don't mess around with firearms. One of the most pro gun-control states in the Union! 10 years for the potshot with a shotgun. Even as a drone owner, I find that ridiculous! 10 years in prison! I'd be happy with a new drone and I get to punch him in the face 2 times. Even-Steven.

Even as a drone owner, I find that ridiculous! 10 years in prison! I'd be happy with a new drone and I get to punch him in the face 2 times. Even-Steven.
Russell Percenti, 33, is facing criminal mischief and possession of a firearm for an unlawful purpose charges.
The latter count carries a maximum of ten years in prison, while Percenti could face up to 18 months on the lesser felony rap.

He won't get 10 yrs in jail for shooting a drone.

This took place in my home town although its been 15 years since I've lived there. Friends and relatives that are still there tell me the meth trade and other crime associated with it has exploded in the area since I've been gone. Judges and John Q public want the home invasions and burglaries to stop. They couldn't care less about a fry cook who took some potshots at a toy helicopter. If a jury convicts I doubt a judge will give more than the minimum sentence allowed by law. Community service and probation would be my guess.

if the shooter is convicted of a felony he will lose his guns for life...

this is my hope for anyone who fires on a drone....

anyone who would shoot at a drone in the city is too immature to own guns...

Anyone one read the comments all I can say is wow . The media has people in fear one guy wrote you looking for your next child to take . Man people are just dumb but a news copter circling and filming is ok they would be on the porch waving o_O

This took place in my home town although its been 15 years since I've lived there. Friends and relatives that are still there tell me the meth trade and other crime associated with it has exploded in the area since I've been gone. Judges and John Q public want the home invasions and burglaries to stop. They couldn't care less about a fry cook who took some potshots at a toy helicopter. If a jury convicts I doubt a judge will give more than the minimum sentence allowed by law. Community service and probation would be my guess.
Didn't realize Cape May county was in such bad shape as property values there continue to soar. My wife and I took a mini vacation in Cape May right before our first son was born and although the area is nice and maintained for the most part, there is a racism there worse than some of the Southern states. I get they are afraid of what Camden has become but there are bigger issues at stake there.
I lived in a very affluent town close to NYC that bordered another godforsaken part of NJ and I am glad to have some distance from it. Glad you got out as well depending where you are in SW Michigan.

Well to be fair, I'm only echoing what my friends there have been telling me but I've no first hand knowledge of it myself. We're pretty happy with Southwest MI so far. I miss family and friends that are back in NJ but I sure don't miss living there.

I think the fear comes from the media hype. When the media starts to use drones they will start loving them.
tv media is already using them. i see footage all the time now.
they even had a "drone footage of the day" clip for local news. they were trying to bring attention to some local parks. i think it was Malibu.
post tornadoes and disaster environments always have media on it too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4