New Hex Build

Reaction score
I know it's not a Phantom, but I am using a NAZA and there is a phantom in 2 pictures.

This is a Tarot 680Pro build I just finished. Hope to fly it tomorrow and see what happens.

image_2_zps782fa5dc.jpeg

image_1_zps7c629519.jpeg

image_zps2932c0aa.jpeg

image_3_zps38a8a3c1.jpeg

image_4_zps819690c9.jpeg

image_5_zps7773a23f.jpeg

image_6_zpse4e109b5.jpeg

image_7_zpsfc1cf060.jpeg

image_8_zps088dc8c5.jpeg

image_9_zpsecd36a90.jpeg

image_10_zps63fa2c11.jpeg

Wow, awesome! Looks very sharp. I need to quit looking at stuff like this for a while.
I noticed something in a couple of the pics, does it have a key and fob like a car?? ;)

Motors are 3508-20 580kv

Blades are 1238. Looking at the specs for the motor they were the most efficient. I'll fly with a 4s 5000, or maybe try 2 in parallel.

Key fob? Oh that's for my bad *** 2014 Prius! Haha

Boozshey said:
Motors are 3508-20 580kv

Blades are 1238. Looking at the specs for the motor they were the most efficient. I'll fly with a 4s 5000, or maybe try 2 in parallel.

Nice, I didn't even realize the 580kv model was suitable for 4S. I'm using some 11x4.5's on mine for now, I wasn't going to mess with 12" until I started packing on a little more weight....but I may be at that point already, my AUW is already 2.88kg even without a gimbal (but with a 5000/5200mAh batt).

I've been using the Nano-tech 5000mAh and the Lumenier 5200mAh batts....the latter is a few grams lighter too, but they deliver almost identical flight times so it's kind of a wash. I'll be testing a parallel config soon, or maybe even a single fatty at 8000mAh or more.

Well that was a good maiden flight. Wasn't worried about flight times this go round so I didn't set the timer. But just when we were talking about it being a long flight time, it wobbled and dropped out of the sky. Luckily I was only 4-5ft and was able to give a little adjustments to level it out before it hit. Once landing gear snapped, but everything else was fine.

I plugged in the battery and the 4s was down to 12v!!! 2 cells were 2.7! I immediately dropped my head and said to my friends... **** it, I forgot to change it from 3s lipo to 4s lipo in the NAZA Assistant software. So I basically ran the battery until it had nothing left in it.

Well at least it's an easy fix. It flew great, left all my settings at 100% right now. I will adjust them when it's a little less windy.

Well obviously you have the skills to still fly well even with the controls reversed...I wouldn't have even realized that was the case in the vid unless you had pointed it out! I'm sure I would have dug a few holes in the ground immediately.

Even with that though, it was still a beautiful initial test flight....looks like it's dialed in pretty tight already, smooth as butter.

Saw your Taranis make a cameo or two as well ;)

Yeah this Taranis is an awesome radio!!! I'm glad I switched to it on the Phantom and now on using with the Tarot of course.

And sticking with the NAZA I can just copy over the previous model and don't have to program anything.

I still need to tune the gains a little. It's a little to jerky for my liking, but 10mph winds and 15mph gusts it was pointless to try and figure them out. As soon as you think it was stable a gust would come knock it around. lol

Boozshey said:
I still need to tune the gains a little. It's a little to jerky for my liking, but 10mph winds and 15mph gusts it was pointless to try and figure them out. As soon as you think it was stable a gust would come knock it around. lol

Yeah my mistake yesterday was trying to test gains AND new expo settings on my sticks, on the windiest day I've flown on yet.

On every little wobble or twitch:
Was that me?
Was that the wind?
Was that the gains?
Was that the expo?

Over and over and over lol.

PS: Be very careful not to break the antenna hinge on your Taranis like I did last week...replacing the lead to the board is quite the test of precision soldering skills. Though the part is only $3 :roll:

Haha yeah. As soon as it took off and wobbled I was sad. I had to remind myself it was a windy day.

My friend had his phantom he should have some video of it. The little phantom could barely land. He isn't brave enough to catch the phantom yet. After watching it fly my phantom stayed in the bag.

Boozshey said:
http://vimeo.com/91869858

Very nice.

I buried my P2 in a tree the other day - big time. So I was repairing it and just got back to my build. I sure hope the maiden flight goes as smoothly as yours. Great stuff.

Perhaps I missed it but how did you connect all your ESC wires? The Tarot 810 has a new way with a small set of brass hubs. However, they only have six mounting points and that means I would need to bring other wires off of them somehow. I am considering making a power bus ring with a couple of copper tubes so I can have some flexibility.

Are you talking about the power distribution board, the 680pro's top plate is an integrated board.

Boozshey said:
Are you talking about the power distribution board, the 680pro's top plate is an integrated board.

Yep. OK... guess I'll have to dream up a better one than they provided.

I almost bought those hubs. They looked like a neat idea. I thought I saw a hub with 8...? Edit: yup here is an 8

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/th ... n-1/Detail

What if you used one complete set for positive. That would allow 12 power ports and then another set for ground. Give you 12 grounds.

Other then that I would get a board that had the posts already soldered on and use it.

Boozshey said:
I almost bought those hubs. They looked like a neat idea. I thought I saw a hub with 8...? Edit: yup here is an 8

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/th ... n-1/Detail

What if you used one complete set for positive. That would allow 12 power ports and then another set for ground. Give you 12 grounds.

Other then that I would get a board that had the posts already soldered on and use it.

Yes - the hub they provided was cool but did not have enough ports (6 vs 8 - need at least 8 for a hex). I think a double would make sense. I'll email them and ask if they screwed up.

Hey Boozshey,

Great looking car...

Which Flight Controller are you using on the Stang? :D

What kind of Horsepower are you making?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20