New here! What to buy?!

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I have been bitten by the drone bug and once again I'm looking to splash some cash on a new toy! Now I'm very new to this so please speak to me like I'm 5!! :)

I already own a gopro hero 2, and I have been looking at purchasing the Phantom 2 mainly because off all the upgrades from the P1 and what seems to be easier plug and play options. Now my main concern is the compatibility with my Hero 2.

I've been to get the H3-2D gimbal with the phantom 2 and after some research I think it's safe to assume that some of you have used the hero2 with the H3-2D successfully which makes me happy as I would rather not have to buy a new hero 3.

For those of you with a hero 2 is everything as easy as if you where using a Hero 3? Am I able to just plug in the gopro to the gimbal and it all work fine?

Also does anyone have any experience with other Gimbals? I've seen the CNC on eBay but only seen it advertised for the phantom 1. Is it compatible with the P2? Would I just plug it into the same place as the H3-2D? If I could save the £££ that would be awesome!

I'm glad I've finally found a useful forum of people and I hope you can point me in the right direction!!

Cheers

Tinbum said:
Now my main concern is the compatibility with my Hero 2

Welcome.

The H3-2D for Phantom 2 only works with a Hero 3 due to the GoPro size difference. You'd need a different gimbal.

There's a product description on ebay that says the gimbal requires slight modification to work with the Hero2 so maybe it's possible. I inquired about this to the dji dealer and will post his reply.

I also would like to use the Hero2 to avoid purchasing a Hero3. There is a new Hero3 knockoff on the market that is only about $125 delivered, the SJ4000. It is compatible with the H3-2D.

There is a new Hero3 knockoff on the market that is only about $125 delivered, the SJ4000. It is compatible with the H3-2D.
From the pics I've seen of that camera there is no port on the rear where the zenmuse would plug in. How could it be compatible?

I believe the gimbal will plug into the rear port that all gopro have (for attaching back packs)

Thanks for the response guys. I just need some proof and maybe a "how to" before I spend the cash! :)

Tinbum said:
Greetings all,

I have been bitten by the drone bug and once again I'm looking to splash some cash on a new toy! Now I'm very new to this so please speak to me like I'm 5!! :)

I already own a gopro hero 2, and I have been looking at purchasing the Phantom 2 mainly because off all the upgrades from the P1 and what seems to be easier plug and play options. Now my main concern is the compatibility with my Hero 2.

I've been to get the H3-2D gimbal with the phantom 2 and after some research I think it's safe to assume that some of you have used the hero2 with the H3-2D successfully which makes me happy as I would rather not have to buy a new hero 3.

For those of you with a hero 2 is everything as easy as if you where using a Hero 3? Am I able to just plug in the gopro to the gimbal and it all work fine?

Also does anyone have any experience with other Gimbals? I've seen the CNC on eBay but only seen it advertised for the phantom 1. Is it compatible with the P2? Would I just plug it into the same place as the H3-2D? If I could save the £££ that would be awesome!
I'm glad I've finally found a useful forum of people and I hope you can point me in the right direction!!
Cheers

drone bug , ,really . ugh ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik