New here to update or not to update firmware.

TLM

Reaction score
Hello all,

Im usually filming in remote locations and 99% of the time by myself so I really hope they get a follow me working soon that would make my life much easier. I know I'll have to update when a third party or DJI enables that but until that happens I am not planning on updating.

I Bought the P3P specifically for video and photos for my youtube channel the question is will it hurt anything just to keep the stock firmware for a while?

Thanks in advance.

I got my P3P last week and it came with 1.1.9. I've gone with everyone's advice to not update the firmware until the next release and everything has worked well for me. I will say that there are also a lot of folks having ZERO issues with the newest release.

Reactions: AbsPapa
I too have decided to stay with the 1.1.9 that my P3P arrived with.

I've had no issues at all, so I'd stand pat until the dust around 1.2.6 really settles.

:harry

Reactions: AbsPapa
I, along with tens of thousands that arent having trouble, updated and... have absolutely no issues.Its more weighing the good of the update with the potential bad. Sure a few people have problems with unstable hover. But considering how many P3Ps there are out there that ARENT having any trouble... Why not update?

For what it's worth. I've been sticking with 1.1.9 but last time I took my P3a out for a flight I got a lot of Connect/Disconnects. Today I wanted to see what the latest IOS DJ Pilot app looked like and powered it all up. Right away the disconnects started so out of frustration with that I thought it can't get any worse and updated my P3 to 1.2.8. To my surprise after a successful update the disconnects stopped. I have not taken it out to fly yet so the jury is still out on that or if it limited my range, etc. but so far so good. Hopefully I"ll get a chance to fly it soon.

Reactions: Steve Moore
Sorry for the possible stupid question, but how can you tell your current firmware version on a new P3.

Go into the settings tab (4 dots) and chose the "other" menu at the bottom (4 dots) and then the "about" menu at the bottom

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-28-09-24-54.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-28-09-24-54.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 403
THAT is simple stupid! An insanely minuscule percentage of P3Ps have issues. That in no way makes it a global scare! It may be best to not upgrade, but I would anyway.. its a bet you almost cant loose.

You've been writing the same crap on how many threads of people experiencing problems with 1.2.6? Give it a rest. Updating to 1.2.6 in lieu of the known issues with it on this forum is a TERRIBLE idea. Ultrasonic System Errors, instability, vertical drifting. Do not update from 1.1.9 if you haven't done so. Unless of course you watched Deer Hunter one too many times and like playing Russian Roulette, in which case you should totally update. Even DJI acknowledges the problem with 1.2.6, including on the phone to me personally. Somehow @Steve Moore knows better though.

You've responded to at least 10 posts about the "insanely miniscule" percentage of P3P's affected, yet you've wasted hours over the last few days addressing the miniscule percentage. Keep up the good work...

I, along with tens of thousands that arent having trouble, updated and... have absolutely no issues.Its more weighing the good of the update with the potential bad. Sure a few people have problems with unstable hover. But considering how many P3Ps there are out there that ARENT having any trouble... Why not update?
... i bought mine P3P from the dealer in lebanon a week ago and it came with the latest firmware 1.2.6, working perfectly no issue at all !!!

Sorry for the possible stupid question, but how can you tell your current firmware version on a new P3.
... go to the settings menu (up right corner) scroll down to about tab, hit it and voila !!! enjoy

Reactions: yblaser
Words of wisdom. Updated

Have not flown with 1.2.8 yet but I can say with 1.1.9 all I was getting was black screens & Safe to fly.. Disconnected. Safe to Fly. Disconnected. over and over. I felt pretty helpless when that happened as there wasn't a whole lot I could do to fix it other than close the app, reboot the Ipad, etc. and I was really worried of what I would do if I flew out a good distance and that started happening.

I updated to 1.2.8 on my P3A and I can at least tell you it's been rock solid and not one disconnect since. (knock on wood) ;)

THAT is simple stupid! An insanely minuscule percentage of P3Ps have issues. That in no way makes it a global scare! It may be best to not upgrade, but I would anyway.. its a bet you almost cant loose.

Kind an odd post. It might not be a good idea but do it anyway? Why? You state something might go wrong but seem to indicate that it's still worth updating. Again.... why? What benefit outweighs the possibility of an issue?

Even I am not an expert. I can tell you I have been flying my P3P, always updated, with great pleasure and no issues at all.
I read and agreed that every update is solving some bugs or increasing functions, so. Why not been updated?
Finally, if you have an incident and you want to complaint DJI, you have to confirm that your drone was updated before the incident.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic