new here - same question - spring loaded Tx

Reaction score
Hey,

Got a DJI phantom a couple of weeks ago, really enjoying it. My question is the same as everyone else s - i want to upgrade my transmitter, but I've flown quads with a turnigy 9x and the throttle not being spring loaded makes it a real pain for hovering in place.

this is my number one problem at the moment, im looking at a frsky tanaris cause they can get up to 2km range but i need to know how to spring load the throttle as i don't want to always be climbing or descending.

is there a generic way to spring load the throttle on a transmitter? i can't find any that are sold as stock like this...the fubata and spectrum transmitters are a little to pricey for me at the moment and would prefer to get a 9x with frsky module but want to spring load the throttle.

possible?

rilot said:
I've modified my DX8 to have a sprung throttle. Took 5 minutes.

any ideas on how to do it on a 9x...been looking round for some sort of tutorial online but haven't been able to find anything.

echoify said:
rilot said:

any ideas on how to do it on a 9x...been looking round for some sort of tutorial online but haven't been able to find anything.

I want to know this as well. I picked up a 9x the other day and I want to spring load the throttle. Any vids would be nice.

miskatonic said:
echoify said:
rilot said:

I want to know this as well. I picked up a 9x the other day and I want to spring load the throttle. Any vids would be nice.

found this vid on how to convert from mode 1 to mode 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE2pqoppWZA

so easy enough done although u have to be careful not to damage that spring when taking it out, its easy to stretch it and make it not so accurate anymore. you are going to need 2 arms and 2 springs, ive got an old faulty 9x laying round i can rip apart and use that...although the futaba 8j is very tempting to me.

basically see if you can find an old faulty 9x to buy for cheap and take the extra arm out of it, im sure replacement springs would not be to hard to find..i hope.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20