New here, questions regarding distance. Trying to understand

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been browsing around for the last week or so, found a lot of interesting info, really appreciate it. I purchased a phantom standard and have plans to upgrade to a p3p soon.
I'm just trying to understand, when you guys are referring to distance, are you referring to what the distance shows in the Dji go app under flight list? Or are you referring to actual distance traveled away from home point?

if referring to distance under the flight list, I'm wanting to know if 9200ft which has been my max sounds about right? No mods, all stock here still.

Thanks in advance, hopefully I can contribute in some way soon.

we are talking about how far out we fly in one direction

Hmm.. In that case, I'm having a hell of a time getting much further then 500-600ft without connection issues, even in a clear line of sight

are you in a busy wifi area how high are you flying

Have you tried flying in other locations?

I am in a fairly busy wifi area, I've tried flying in a much less busy area, still achieving the same results. I've tried different altitudes, I would say I'm usually around 250-300 feet

due you have beginner mode off

distance limit off

where did you buy it from

I'm in a wifi area that is busy and I get at least 2000 to 2500 feet sounds like something is not right with bird

Hmm... Hobby hobby, a reputable shop here in Canada. What are some tests or things I could do? Firmware?

take it out away from anything a big open fields or over water and see how far it goes also ck to see if you are on latest firmware if that doesn't due anything go to hobby shop and show them what is going on

Ya, I was planning to take it down to the lake. I do have the latest firmware, but I read on a few different sites, reinstalling the firmware helped some others. Maybe ill give that a go either way.

Mine is all updated with the latest version of the firmware and I was able to go around 3150ft without signal loss. Having a nice clear line makes a world of difference.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: beamerbuilder1
Nice video. Ya I got the latest firmware.

Here's an example:
Launching from my front yard, I have a huge open golf course with clear line of sight across the road - nothing in the way, i maxed out at 450-500 distance. I know the wifi will be affected, but I still feel I should be achieving further?

This thread got me curious to check the remote. I opened it up, it seems one of the gray wires which connects to one of the patches is frayed, could this be causing this issue?

TI opened it up, it seems one of the gray wires which connects to one of the patches is frayed, could this be causing this issue?
Perhaps. Got a photo?

See attatched.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 509
that isn't good looks like you found the problem since you have to fix it just put a dbs mod on it and you well be very happy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic