New here and to the Phantom

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the forum. I have a P3 Pro due to be delivered today and am concerned not only about the learning curve learning to pilot it but also the applicable laws that I need to be aware of. I'm in the Dallas, TX area so will be researching it, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Read, do not be in a rush, read some more, use common sense. They are easy to fly if you take it slow. Don't be stressed by it all, this should be fun !
And welcome !

Read, do not be in a rush, read some more, use common sense. They are easy to fly if you take it slow. Don't be stressed by it all, this should be fun !
And welcome !

I agree with MDR. I pre-ordered my P3A in April so I had a long wait. While I waited, I watched lots of videos, read forums and manuals, and got comfortable with the procedures. When I got my P3A and it was time to fly, I felt like I was well prepared.

Use common sense...that's really what it all comes down to.

Happy flying!!

Reactions: Clipper707
Welcome, Skyhigh and PaulS. Sounds like you both are taking the right, responsible, approach to this. Keep reading and contributing!

Welcome! Again to reiterate - go slow (slow is smooth and smooth is fast). Practice, practice, practice. Use the flight sim and read over the manual and forums several times. Otherwise - have fun and fly safe. As for the laws - you'll have to check out local and state laws for Dallas but federally you can get the recommendations for UAS operators off of the FAA website.

i am brand new here also. I own an ar drone 2.0, but my p2 h3-3d will be delivered next Wednesday.

this is my first post, but I have been hanging out and reading. and one thing i have learned is: understand what a CSC is and avoid it at all costs during flight. it will stop your motors and your bird will fall from the sky.

Also as others have said, read the owners manual, watch videos, read the forum.

I really want to take my new P2 with me on the 4th for a holiday weekend. but after consideration and reading more here, the learning curve is too steep for me to feel comfortable flying it around a bunch of people partying and having fun after only owning it for 2 days.

I plan to take my time as I don't have $1000 to throw away on a crash...

anyway, congrats on your new P3 Pro...

btw, I live about an hour north of Dallas...

Thanks for the welcomes, guys. I did a couple of small flights today, kept it in 'Beginner' mode and just baby stepped around. Pretty easy to fly, handled wind pretty well, just need to brush up on the controls so I can shoot smoother video. I'll post my video in the appropriate section.

Thanks again!

Reactions: MDR and Airborne
Thanks for the welcomes, guys. I did a couple of small flights today, kept it in 'Beginner' mode and just baby stepped around. Pretty easy to fly, handled wind pretty well, just need to brush up on the controls so I can shoot smoother video. I'll post my video in the appropriate section.

Thanks again!

post up a link here when upload a video...

thanks

Welcome, Airborne! You're going to fly for two days, and during the holiday weekend you'll think about your P2 a lot, though I think your decision to leave her home is a wise one.

Welcome, Airborne! You're going to fly for two days, and during the holiday weekend you'll think about your P2 a lot, though I think your decision to leave her home is a wise one.

thanks dude... and you are correct... Saturday night we are doing fireworks and our little show gets bigger and better each year. I will be dreaming of the P2 while trying to fly my AR Drone 2.0 str8 through the fireworks filming at 720p :(

All the while my P2 remains spotless for the time being :D

I really want to take my new P2 with me on the 4th for a holiday weekend. but after consideration and reading more here, the learning curve is too steep for me to feel comfortable flying it around a bunch of people partying and having fun after only owning it for 2 days.

Gotta respect THAT!
Best'O luck with the AR... will be looking forward to the videos.
BOT

Gotta respect THAT!
Best'O luck with the AR... will be looking forward to the videos.
BOT

thanks man, I appreciate it...

I feel very comfortable with the AR and have been flying it for some time now. 720p sucks, but it's better than being grounded ;)

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan