New here and new to flying rc

Reaction score
Hey everyone i am new here and have only been put flying my phantom 2 once and it didnt go all that well. I got it 2nd hand and made sure everything was calibrated for flight. Took it out and took off for first flight. It took right off and felt like i had no control and it came crashing down. Broke on of the retractable landing gear. Got a few more flights till the last one when it can down and bent one of the arms. The biggest thing i saw was wrong was it on hovered for like 4 sec. So i have fixed it and did some research and think it was my vertical gain and have since adjusted the gain. But now that its fix its been messy out ao i havent got to fly again and cant wait.

Welcome. Have you worked on drones before? Given your troubles you might want to seek out some help with the controls and repairs.

After some research im almost sure my gain was all wrong. My buddy that owned it before me had more weight on it then i did so i think it just had to much vertical gain so i changed that. He is also very handy with the phantoms and im very handy with electronics so im sure the two of use will have it flying right soon but thank you very much for the advice. The more the merrier. People advice is y im able to fly it again after my first crash.

So i got the phantom in the air today was flying a lot better it did a lot better job hovering. I did put it in fly home mode and all it did was fly up and hover so got to look into that. Because i have a small flight limit set i took it out of gps mode to have more flight room and the wind help me fly it into a tree but no damage and ready to go again

Also i have two airports one is like 4.8 miles away and one is like 4 miles away and they dont have towers. Do i still have to call before flying. To be safe i have been staying under 100 feet for know but want to go higher.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31