New here and looking for a quote for services...

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here and I'm looking for a quote for services in Southern California. Until we get a Phantom, we will need to hire someone to shoot about 10 to 15 minutes of raw footage over some single story buildings.

Mods - excuse me if I'm in the wrong forum.

Thanks all...

Wow I would love to do that for you and I would do it for FREE....except it must include a round trip ticket from Montreal to there...But seriously, there are many California flyers here so I am sure you will get a number of responses.

What city? I am in OC. PM me.

jodyberry said:
Hi all,

New here and I'm looking for a quote for services in Southern California. Until we get a Phantom, we will need to hire someone to shoot about 10 to 15 minutes of raw footage over some single story buildings.

Thanks all...
PM Sent.

Like Khudson7 said, I'd love to do it, and I'd do it for free, but I live on the other side of the states. Closest I've been to the west coast was when I went to Louisiana which is a gloomy, wet, and kinda sad place to go, but they do have wild horses and great food.

jodyberry said:
Hi all,

Thanks all...

Darn, I'm so confused on this topic.

Why wouldn't the offer/acceptance of this type of work/payment be considered illegal under US FAA law?

oscar19 said:
Why wouldn't the offer/acceptance of this type of work/payment be considered illegal under US FAA law?
It is illegal... according to the FAA. Those who think it's legal either don't know the FAA rules or believe the things discussed at http://www.dronelawjournal.com.

oscar19 said:
jodyberry said:
Hi all,

Thanks all...

Hey...I am Canadian, so I could sneak in and out before you could say...FAA ;) :lol:

Khudson7 said:
oscar19 said:
jodyberry said:
Hi all,

Thanks all...

Hey...I am Canadian, so I could sneak in and out before you could say...FAA ;) :lol:

Yep! As much as I love the US, I also think govt redtape here really sucks. Not to mention govt intrusion.

Maybe I'll move to Canada!

msinger said:
It is illegal... according to the FAA. Those who think it's legal either don't know the FAA rules or believe the things discussed at http://www.dronelawjournal.com.

That is your opinion. For everyone here, just because the FAA has completely confused and misled everyone, doesn't mean we should pollute every single thread with a debate of what they can and cannot enforce. There are plenty of ongoing discussions on that topic where opinions on the matter will be more welcome.

oscar19 said:
Yep! As much as I love the US, I also think govt redtape here really sucks. Not to mention govt intrusion.

Well at first I was going to say to remember to bring some VERY warm clothes, but then I see you are from Chicago, so you are probably use to our weather, if that is possible. ;)

Khudson7 said:
oscar19 said:

Well at first I was going to say to remember to bring some VERY warm clothes, but then I see you are from Chicago, so you are probably use to our weather, if that is possible. ;)

I've been there many times fishing. Mostly in the boundary waters area but a few times on fly in trips further north. Beautiful country.

ianwood said:
msinger said:

That is your opinion. For everyone here, just because the FAA has completely confused and misled everyone, doesn't mean we should pollute every single thread with a debate of what they can and cannot enforce. There are plenty of ongoing discussions on that topic where opinions on the matter will be more welcome.

So if someone asks to hire someone for something illegal, no one should point out what they are asking for is not legal? I mean, point it out in another thread?

Seems rational (sarcasm alert).

HailStorm said:
So if someone asks to hire someone for something illegal, nobody should point out what they are asking for is not legal? I mean, point it out in another thread?

Because you think it is illegal, doesn't mean it is. If the OP asks about legality, by all means, go for it. If not, you're off topic.

And just for everyone's edification, 1,000s of times a day, aerial filming is done with multi-rotors for profit. The evidence is all over the internet, TV and film. American Airlines, a company whose business is entirely dictated by the FAA, has drone footage playing on all of their domestic flights. And it's in the Grand Canyon. And it's awful.

If you want to jump up and down shouting "that's illegal", great for you but please excuse those who decide they have a different opinion and would rather not debate it at every turn.

ianwood said:
HailStorm said:
So if someone asks to hire someone for something illegal, nobody should point out what they are asking for is not legal? I mean, point it out in another thread?

Because you think it is illegal, doesn't mean it is. If the OP asks about legality, by all means, go for it. If not, you're off topic.

And just for everyone's edification, 1,000s of times a day, aerial filming is done with multi-rotors for profit. The evidence is all over the internet, TV and film. American Airlines, a company whose business is entirely dictated by the FAA, has drone footage playing on all of their domestic flights. And it's in the Grand Canyon. And it's awful.

If you want to jump up and down shouting "that's illegal", great for you but please excuse those who decide they have a different opinion and would rather not debate it at every turn.

And I guess that is your opinion. I don't see anyone jumping up and down screaming anything is illegal...
However if I am about to engage in an activity that could possibly earn me a court case or a fine (Note, I said "possibly" with both feet on the ground, voice not raised), I would really appreciate a heads up. Whether I choose to ignore that warning or take it to heart is my choice.
I'll continue to error on the side of caution and warn people.
You can choose otherwise. :D

Reactions: GoodnNuff
ianwood said:
msinger said:

Actually, that's not my opinion. It's the FAA's opinion.

Now, go simmer down :p

Reactions: GoodnNuff
msinger said:

Your interpretation of what the FAA thinks is off topic.

Now, go find a thread where it is on topic. :p

ianwood said:
msinger said:

Your interpretation of what the FAA thinks is off topic.

Now, go find a thread where it is on topic. :p

Not off topic.
For someone who is sick of the debates and doesn't want to "pollute every thread with a debate" why do you continue the debate?
Just let it go. Why fight every differing opinion?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31