New HDMI board arrived & fitted

Reaction score
It finally arrived this morning, took all of 5 minutes to remove old board and replace. Just tried and tested to make sure all is as normal, looks great so far! Now waiting for my Fatsharks HD's to arrive from China.

Can anyone recommend a good quality HDMI cable, not worried about price need good quality lead.

Thanks

Andy

Reactions: Brad Pierce
It finally arrived this morning, took all of 5 minutes to remove old board and replace. Just tried and tested to make sure all is as normal, looks great so far! Now waiting for my Fatsharks HD's to arrive from China.

Can anyone recommend a good quality HDMI cable, not worried about price need good quality lead.

Thanks

Andy
Check B&H >>>HDMI cable> they seem to have any combination of connector jacks

Thanks

Andy

Good luck with the new unit. I may pick one up too. Far as HDMI cables go unless you need a cable run over 50 foot go with Monoprice you will have all the quality you need and mor these are digital cables they either work or they don't. You know a cable is not working if you see pixelation or obvious lag in the picture. If you're looking however for a100 foot or longer cable then go with Monster cable, they are very pricey but do offer top quality

Also got it today (was supposed to get here tomorrow). Was coming to post but you beat me to it :p

Reactions: Brad Pierce
so why not having HDMI output using ie nvidia shield ? In this case you do not need an extra HDMI output

1. Much less lag.
2. If the app stops working, you still have full video.
3. Less stress on mobile device if you put it in map mode.

Yes, much less lag and no video stuttering that is the result of the tablet / phone cpu overheating.

I had the chance to fly an Inspire 1 yesterday and even though there was some video break up on the iPad Mini 2 we were using, the HDMI feed was solid. Really important if you're flying longer range FPV.

:harry

direct hdmi disconnected.jpg

Thanks

Andy

Andy I believe these are the best glasses on the market True 16x9 format wider and bigger view than cinemizer, cleanest simplest setup availabe designed for the HDMI out board no external power supply needed.

direct hdmi connected 2.jpg

Reactions: Mike Mauk and AYA74
Yes, what is the brand of these glasses??? Could not find them on the web...

Those look really nice mtnmaddman, what are they called? Might have to look into these more.

Thanks

They are his own Nebula FPV glasses, which he usually sells on eBay, but I can't find any listings currently.

Really good quality, and he's supposed to have an even better 2.0 version coming out soon.

Good luck with the new unit. I may pick one up too. Far as HDMI cables go unless you need a cable run over 50 foot go with Monoprice you will have all the quality you need and mor these are digital cables they either work or they don't. You know a cable is not working if you see pixelation or obvious lag in the picture. If you're looking however for a100 foot or longer cable then go with Monster cable, they are very pricey but do offer top quality
I know people have done it, but the spec for DVI and HDMI is 33' max. Once you go beyond that distance the cable quality must be stellar, and even then it may not work as expected. I like Monoprice too, good stuff.

1. Much less lag.
2. If the app stops working, you still have full video.
3. Less stress on mobile device if you put it in map mode.

Thats why i ordered the HDMI board. I depend on FPV too much to be worrying about the app crashing.

What is that hdmi on the adapter? is that a mini? I'm guessing so since a standard hdmi wont plug into it. and the micro is on my Dom V2.

Thanks

Andy

Hey everyone, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the logistics of using FPV goggles. Can some one explain in a little detail as to how one would use them? So now I have my Tablet hooked up like normal, then you have the goggles hooked up via the new HDMI board, so when you are flying you have to keep removing your goggles, to look at the Tablet? That seems very cumbersome, lot's of times I have to adjust the gimbals tilting horizon. or change exposure. Using goggles is not a toy hobby thing, but has real function, good clarity?

They are his own Nebula FPV glasses, which he usually sells on eBay, but I can't find any listings currently.

Really good quality, and he's supposed to have an even better 2.0 version coming out soon.
Those are available at alibaba for 330 dollar from china, from photos they look like the typical cheaper china gadget with poor plastics etc.. They are not called nebula at all the chinese shops, i think they are just called videogoggles HD or something like that

Hey everyone, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the logistics of using FPV goggles. Can some one explain in a little detail as to how one would use them? So now I have my Tablet hooked up like normal, then you have the goggles hooked up via the new HDMI board, so when you are flying you have to keep removing your goggles, to look at the Tablet? That seems very cumbersome, lot's of times I have to adjust the gimbals tilting horizon. or change exposure. Using goggles is not a toy hobby thing, but has real function, good clarity?
As I understand it most of the important flight information can be displayed on the goggles if you select that option via the application. I plan on using the HDMI port for a pair of HeadPlays which will be used by a second observer during search and recovery operations. I will toggle off the on screen display information so that just the camera view is displayed in the goggles.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1