New Hampshire

Reaction score
Looking for anyone in the Lakes Region area of NH that have Phantom. Just looking so I know there are others out in my area]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Pantomflyer,

I'm in Auburn NH right near Manchester.

Greg

Sweet was beginning to think is was the only one in NH with one! Do you just fly around your area? I've just started flying myself and pimped her out with a cam and FPV and skids, Needless to say I get butter fly's in my stomach every time I take her out in fear of something going wrong!! How far out have you flown yours in one flight and do you have any videos or are you just into the flying?

Keith

Keith,

I've had mine all summer, but I'd wish I can go flying everyday.... I get nervous every time I go up. I pretty much just fly around my house practicing, but have taken it camping and to a couple other spots.

The only problem is I don't like an audience and when every I take it out people seem to flock over to it. I really want to get some FPV goggles, but I'm to cheep right now....

Here some basic vids:
Video: http://youtu.be/2eWAUW4j4N0 - I was in the passenger seat going down the road. This one was fun!
Video: http://youtu.be/uBwZDH1KL5Y - 2nd test flight with Zenmuse Gimbal
Video: http://youtu.be/8YuINbdhu2Y - Quick cruise while I was camping in Maine

I have recently been in the newspaper for an aerial photo shoot for Red Ribbon week at a school in Hampstead, NH. There were over 475 kids and 75 faculty members that made a shape of a ribbon.

We should get together!

Greg

Did you recently drain your battery's for winter? Just wondering because my brother was doing a job out in that area and said he ran into someone with a drone like mine and he asked if he was going out for a flight and the guy said he was draining the battery for the winter! Small world if it is lol. I was just in the papers because someone called the cops because my light on my drone was distracting drivers on the road at night even though I was flying it over my pond! The cops knew they couldn't prevent me from flying it on my own property and I told them I couldn't help it that people on the road can't pay attention to their own driving and not my drone,lol! I got a buddy of mine to get a Phantom and he got himself a Phantom Vision and buy the end of the week I'll have two up and running. My hopes is to get a UAV club going and getting people to post aerial shots from around New England, This club will also help promote the use and get others into UAV flying!

on other lipo chargers there a setting for draining the battery for storage. The white chargers that come with the phantom doesn't have that feature.

Crazy about the cops!!!

I'm headed down to Nantucket in 2 weeks to help film a short Christmas movie from a director from New York! I can't wait!!!

Received my Vision2 today from B&H and can't wait to FLY! keep me posted NH is not all that far from me and would be interested in meeting some veterans flyers

Hey guys, new Phantom 2 Vision owner here from Kingston, NH.
Do you guys operate at anytime during winter? What is the coldest temperature you guys usually fly in?
I am excited to get it out and flying but unsure what temperature is too cold.
Thanks.

I don't know what the recommended temperature is, but all I know that my hands get cold to stay out too
long!

Reactions: tman1972
Do you guys operate the Phantom 2 Vision? I've been told that cold weather may affect the camera.

Cold weather may affect the batteries more than the camera. I sent my unit back to B&H because camera was fuzzy on left side. Waiting patiently for replacement.

DJI user manual specs dont provide a temp range for operation but I have been out recently as low as 25 degress here in south east CT for a couple night flights, there were no operational issue flying at that temp except near frost bite to my left index finger (hand warmers required)... I am about to head out to the mystic area to take some shots today , i will let you know later how i make out, its 5 degrees right now .

this Vison 2 has performed flawlessly for me right out of the box...even prior to the two firmware upgrades it performed incredible..I have logged over 10 flights since buying in dec. of last year..and have taken some incredible pictures.... check out the thread below for extending the wi-fi signal for the camera using TP-link antenna's and tapping off the factory Wi-Fi unit antena ports to extend the camera range up to and beyond 3200'....I dont think I would feel comfortable or safe past 1000' in my corrected vision case ..or beyond visible range (BVR) in the event of interference or a failure,,,but I think I may buy these antena's and test out.....the parts cost about $100 US on amazon for the antennas and the pigtail connectors ,,I could only get about 500' before I lost wi-fi signal on the camera flying in my niegborhood where there are minimal obstructions...in wide open spaces such as the beachfront and over the ocean I was able to get about 700' of wi-fi range...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E9_LbSdm5E[/url good luck .... jwuman

flew this a.m. about 15 degrees,,,,cold fingers,,,20 min flight at the beach,,,,wow cold fingers.... hand warmers were good for 10 minutes inside my gloves,,,,,no issues with aircraft.... awesome pics, video and flawless flight performance...hope this helps....

jwuman

I did read some where that you shouldn't fly it at 12 C or below but that's with the Phantom 1 and am assuming they are all the same. I've flown mine at about 7 degrees and notice a couple minutes loss on flight time!!

I was out yesterday in Merrimack, NH and today in Pelham and it didn't seem too cold or effect the battery life at all.

TSM said:
I was out yesterday in Merrimack, NH and today in Pelham and it didn't seem too cold or effect the battery life at all.
Thats because it wasn't to cold, Hell it was warmer today then its been in a week, 38F here in Sunapee and getting great flying time :D

TSM said:
I was nearby flying over Canobie Lake. Everything went well!

It is nice but I live in the Lakes Region which means it's hard to avoid the water when it isn't frozen, But I have a huge as field this time of year :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik