New guy with some questions

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used Phantom 3 and have a few questions.

1.) I am currently using my IPhone 6s but would like a bigger display. What are some good options with out breaking the bank for a larger display.

2.) The a/c currently has dji carbon fiber blades on it but I also have the original blades. Other color/material will the a/c fly the same with either blades?

3.) I have flown the a/c twice and flipped it over both times on landing trying to execute the CSC command, should I try just holding down on the left stick to stop the props?

Thanks guys!!

1. Having bought a bunch of Android stuff while trying to avoid Apple, I wouldn't spend any more money on them as the OS is prone to be modified by whomever sells it and then, down the road as GO keeps growing in size, comes the issue of lagging video feed as sundry resources tax the processor's speed. Apple is pretty much a locked OS so the reliability of it running an app without extra Android bloatware running helps and why the battery life is better too. That or root an Android OS and never install apps "that want control of whatever" and can run n the background. Terrible system for GO, imho.

Hold out and buy a decent large iPad that can keep up with GO as it grows. Maybe an Air 2 as they are no longer produced (But now getting too old to run GO well too!). I'd bite the bullet and buy the Pro A10X model now and be done with it for at least a couple of years, rather than buying another Android every few months. Been there and wasted a lot of money doing so. You'll end up wasting your time in forums complaining about the video feed turning magenta and green and breaking up with the recent GO or firmware update for your bad purchasing decision (ahem!).

2. Not anything worthwhile there on prop comparison, other than the carbons may last longer. The CF being stronger, if the craft tips over, the stress could break the arm too rather than snap with the plastic ones. Arm lacerations and stitch count while hand catching when the leg snaps are likely about the same (ahem!).

3. Do not do the CSC command ever unless in an emergency, like falling on someone's head! Just hold the left stick down for 3-4 seconds and it will stop the props on landing.

I have used both android and IOS. The ipad mini 4 works very well much better than the android.
Ditch the carbon fibre props, there are numerous bad reports on this forum.
I always either hand catch or left stick only full down.Hand catching requires the left stick down for a few seconds.
Hand catching has some risk, but made worse if a carbon fibre blade attacks you.

As said,ditch those carbon fiber props.Would you rather ruin a prop or ruin a motor ?,those props wont break if they hit something like a DJI prop will and you could damage more that just a motor.I guess the choice is yours tho.I use a Samsung tablet A 8" that I bought off Ebay for less than $100. and it's been great.It's set up for no downloading of software and I only use it for flying.

@Nitrostick
Welcome to the forum!

Yes the CSC is scary to me, I finally mastered it with out having the props on it, I didn't think it actually worked on mine until then.

Check out @msinger s help sight.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Stay away from trees, the usually win in a fight, and they don't move out of the way. :eek:

Rod

Really not liking the idea of snatching a hand full of swirling blades of death out of the air,..it is surrounded by blade,..don't really see a "safe end"?? Lol

10" or 8" iPad?? Like the idea of more screen but concerned with bulk/weight.

OK hand catching is a debatable subject,but sometimes the only option.Try it before you decide, but be careful.
Ipad size again a very debatable subject, size versus weight/balance,my vote is the ipad 7.9 inch screen as the best compromise.
If you are flying VLOS, which you should then, you will not look at the screen too much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.