New guy here with an order

Reaction score
Ok, I am not an official P3 Advanced owner yet, but I do have an order confirmation, so will be hopefully next week sometime.

I did my typically song and dance routine when looking at drones (stop me if you have heard this before).

I started off looking at the $100 range just so I could have something to have some fun with...
but for only $75 more, I could get a better on-board camera...
seriously for only $100 more than that, I can get image stabilization...
who am I kidding, I am no drone pilot, so for only $125 more, I can get a RTH feature. I will need that...

So the next thing I know, I am clicking the "Place Order" button on a P3 Advanced.

Yes, I know. I have weak willpower.

Reactions: Doink and BigAl07
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! You cannot go wrong with the P3A. You're going to love it :)

Reactions: JoBe
Well come on in, to phantom pilots...
Eh, you shopped, smart. Enjoy the drone, and time spent here in the forum threads. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Welcome sir.

While you are waiting is a good time to download and read the latest manual. Much of it probably wont make a lot of sense for now, but with repetition comes understanding.

Also, there are many "any tips" threads if you want to search for them to get some good info. Here is my post from the last one just to get you started.
Soon to be new owner phantom 3 advanced

Lastly - there are many outdated YouTube videos, so maybe try to look at only the most recent ones you can find.

Good luck!

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum HYRYSC. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Don't forget to stop by the FAA web site to register that bad boy! - sUAS Registration

Great choice! Enjoy your new quad and fly safe!

You probably already have but watch every you tube clip on the P3A, you'll learn while having a blast at the same time

You probably already have but watch every you tube clip on the P3A, you'll learn while having a blast at the same time

I have been mesmerized by the footage, especially some of the Boston footage that I have found. (always loved the skyline).

I have been reading, watching and learning.

Not so much the footage, watch the tip and tricks, setting up, app settings, how it works, using GPS vs attitude mode, what vps is and how it works, RTH and it's settings, watch the near miss and crash videos, it's easier to remember what not to do when you've watched somebody do it, effects of flying outdoors with prop guards, once you've watched all that then look at camera settings

Not so much the footage, watch the tip and tricks, setting up, app settings, how it works, using GPS vs attitude mode, what vps is and how it works, RTH and it's settings, watch the near miss and crash videos, it's easier to remember what not to do when you've watched somebody do it, effects of flying outdoors with prop guards, once you've watched all that then look at camera settings

Oh I am doing that too! I just read through the thread and watched the video of the guy who didn't take into account the changes in elevation and crashed into trees. Thankfully he found it again.

I own a few acres that is attached to a bunch more, so will have fun exploring those from the air as I get familiar with it.

Welcome to the Phantom world. Haha, I went though the same decision making as you did. I started off looking at a P3S and moved up to a P3A. Lightbridge sold me and I don't have any reason to shoot 4K.

I'm still a rookie with my P3A as I've only owned it for a couple months now. As others pointed out, now is a great time to read the manual and watch LOTS of videos.

Welcome to the forum @Trinimon, it's nice to have you and @HYRYSC both here. Hope that you will have many successful flights with mostly all happy landings. ;-)
Enjoy your time here, on the forum...
& Yes, please RTFM!! Read the friendly (FLIGHT) manual. Ha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Trinimon
Lastly - there are many outdated YouTube videos, so maybe try to look at only the most recent ones you can find.
This is a legit tip. The old videos can have way old procedures that conflict with the current procedures. Especially with updating the remote firmware. Trust the regular guys here on this thread. Rock stars!

Being a forum regular contributor @Oso, where is your avatar? ;-)

Looking forward, to seeing more of you newcomers, add one too.

Please Identify yourselves. Even with a cartoon character... Ha

RedHotPoker

Welcome. You will find that this forum is your best friend when it comes to help with your P3A. I started looking at P3S, then decided I wanted longer range so P3A is the next best thing. Then I thought about the future. I don't want to have to upgrade my camera in the future and I know I didn't want to break the $1k (US) threshold. I found a P3P, DJI back pack, extra battery for under that. Been hooked ever since. You can read as much as you want but experience is what will make you a great pilot and cinematographer. But you will need to be a great pilot first before becoming a seasoned cinematographer. So read, ask questions in this forum, and most of all have fun while flying.

Reactions: Trinimon
Being a forum regular contributor @Oso, where is your avatar? ;-)

Looking forward, to seeing more of you newcomers, add one too.

Please Identify yourselves. Even with a cartoon character... Ha

RedHotPoker
Ha. You're the second person to ask me about that. @alokbhargava was the other. Maybe you're right. I have been on here a while. Maybe its time. When I get home later I'll see what I can dig up.

Reactions: RedHotPoker
Ha. You're the second person to ask me about that. @alokbhargava was the other. Maybe you're right. I have been on here a while. Maybe its time. When I get home later I'll see what I can dig up.
@RedHotPoker - there you go my friend. Oso revealed.

Welcome to this awesome community of Phantom Pilots where you are going to find a wealth of technical information as well as many tips, do's and dont's. I started off with Zyma X5C which I flew for a few months before purchasing the P3A. Quickly decided to move to the P3P, I know a bit more money, so found myself flying both drones. Basically the P3A and the P3P are the same except for the camera and the charger. One day a family member saw me flying the P3A, made me a reasonable offer and sold it to my nephew. Now I fly a P3P and an Autel X-Star Premium, both with 4K cameras. What made move to the P3P is that soon (waiting for Xmas sales) we are going to buy a new TV for home and it is going to be a 4K TV.

What I like the most about flying the P3P is the IOC course lock, I use in attempt to capture that perfect shot. Lol.

If you have time read this thread: Soon to be new owner phantom 3 advanced

I wish you happy flying..

@RedHotPoker - there you go my friend. Oso revealed.
Hey, is that you? Haha
The handsome guy, had been hiding all this time? ;-)

Simply Awesome. Way to fly!! Ha

RedHotPoker

Wise choice not having to go through the pain on P3S... I returned P3S twice and eventually upgraded to P3 Pro (due to no stock on P3A). The lightbridge is a game changer indeed.
I did bought a Parrot mini drone before Phantom just to practice my skills. It hovers exceptionally well without GPS.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj