New guy from Arizona

Reaction score
Hello all,

I got a P3A in November and have been learning all I can. This forum has been invaluable. I dig how helpful everyone is. I have already bounced it off of a tree and repaired the gimbal arm/ribbon cable so I guess I'm not a newb anymore. Considering the FAA 107 cert.

Anyway, see y'all on the boards,
John
f3c3b246989a94125ff0c36822101d4b.jpg
94ed35cbf9dfd493336fdde789a979b8.jpg

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: Nightwolf
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

My eye spies a Jeep TJ fender. :D

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

My eye spies a Jeep TJ fender. :D
Well spotted TJ! I'm trying to get it to follow me but it won't from inside the Jeep. I think I have to go to lichi and use a different phone as a follow. Any input?

Are you using a device that has GPS built in it? If not it won't follow you.
Yeah I'm using a Galaxy S8. It doesn't have a problem following me when I'm outside of the Jeep but as soon as I get inside the Jeep it loses me. I can put it on the back rack and it'll follow me but that's too far from the remote control for me

I wonder if it is the roll bar messing with it. Maybe mount it at the top of the windshield if on the center of the dash gives it an issue. I fly from inside one of my trucks but to be honest I don't use follow me inside a vehicle here as the terrain doesn't really allow it, trees like to grab em out of the sky.

I wonder if it is the roll bar messing with it. Maybe mount it at the top of the windshield if on the center of the dash gives it an issue. I fly from inside one of my trucks but to be honest I don't use follow me inside a vehicle here as the terrain doesn't really allow it, trees like to grab em out of the sky.
Yeah my plan for the next time AZ to mount my phone on the windshield. It does follow the phone not the remote control correct? Last time I went out I had short cord and I wasn't able to do that

Yeah my plan for the next time AZ to mount my phone on the windshield. It does follow the phone not the remote control correct? Last time I went out I had short cord and I wasn't able to do that
Yes, it follows the device. I have the little strap holder hardware for the bikini top strap, that would hold the phone. Maybe 3d Print a holder if it works out.
When you get it worked out head up to Sedona and show us some of that beautiful red rock! I have run a few different trails up there years back. Good stuff.

CIMG1222.jpg

Yes, it follows the device. I have the little strap holder hardware for the bikini top strap, that would hold the phone. Maybe 3d Print a holder if it works out.
When you get it worked out head up to Sedona and show us some of that beautiful red rock! I have run a few different trails up there years back. Good stuff.

View attachment 92842
Definitely the plan. In fact I was talking to the wife about that this morning.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

I have GoPro mounts all over my Jeep so the hope is that I can get ground video and Aerial video interspersed
Time for the new GoPro 360 cam! :D

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 4.52.25 PM✨.png

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)
Thanks for the welcome. I have never been called shy and I will be happy provide any insight as soon as I have some LoL.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello all,

I got a P3A in November and have been learning all I can. This forum has been invaluable. I dig how helpful everyone is. I have already bounced it off of a tree and repaired the gimbal arm/ribbon cable so I guess I'm not a newb anymore. Considering the FAA 107 cert.

Anyway, see y'all on the boards,
John
f3c3b246989a94125ff0c36822101d4b.jpg
94ed35cbf9dfd493336fdde789a979b8.jpg
Welcome aboard. This forum is an excellent place for knowledge. I’m an elderly gent and these young bucks know their stuff.

Reactions: Nightwolf

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj