New guy..fluttered and frustrated

Reaction score
Ok folks. Just got a P3S. I have been reading and reading about the drone and the more I read the more I get frustrated. I have looked at so much information I am starting to get confused. So let me ask you all. When you got your 1st drone what did you all do? So far I have charged the batteries (got 2). My box was missing the USB charger so I need to get one of them. What needs to be done before I power this up? Should I do a firmware update? Any help would be great. I just wanna learn the right way. I would hate to screw up and lose my new drone.

Also is anyone near Gettysburg PA? If so you willing to help a new guy out? Thanks in advance

Thanks for the information. I just watched the video. DL the brochure now onto firmware update.

I have to ask. Do you absolutely need the prop balancing tool with the real DJI props or just for replacement props?

Do you absolutely need the prop balancing tool with the real DJI props or just for replacement props?
It's a good idea to balance all DJI props.

Most important thing is to take your time.

I also used the flight simulator in the app a couple of times before actually taking it out so I had an idea of what to expect from the controls. I really suggest playing around with it before your first flight.

read the manual, watch the videos

Update the controller and phantom itself.

Do the calibration of compass in an area free from metal, or concrete with out your phone or even the controller near by. (at least 20 ft away)

Then fly.

If yuo arent familiar with quad copters and the flight characteristics most strongly recommend flying on a cheaper quad first until you learn the controls. (better to crash a $20 syma x11, or $50 x5c than your phantom).

I put in about 35-40 hours before flying the phantom for the first time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik