New GoPro Drone

I was actually thinking about looking into very light weight PVRs and this mic. Thinking it could be hung behind the gimbal. Obviously wind noise and gimbal noise would also be a consideration.

Lightbridge competitor? Where was anything noted or inferred in that video about extended range?

I just lost 60 seconds of my life to watch some dude take a selfie, that's about all that video was.

Interesting from their T&C's to a competition to win a GoPro Karma we can get a better idea of how much it will cost and when it will be released...

The one hundred (100) winners will be awarded one of the following items:
One (1) GoPro Karma drone and one (1) GoPro prize package.
One (1) GoPro Karma prize package that includes (1) GoPro Karma drone and an assortment of GoPro products
Drawing date On or before April 15, 2016
Award date All winners will be notified on or before December 31, 2016
Prize Package Value Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of a Prize Package: $2,000.00 USD

Looking at that I'd say that the Karma will be released late 2016 and presumably they're going for Oct/Nov with steady supplies around January 2017 (similar to what DJI did with the Inspire)
It also looks like it will priced above the Phantom 3 Pro and 3DR Solo at what seems like $1,500 USD (assuming the price comes with a $500 USD GoPro)
Obviously this is just speculation for now and we will all know soon enough.
I'm just hoping they come out with a GoPro 5 without the fisheye as an option, if they were to release a Karma video without fisheye that would give away their next camera before its ready.

They show their drone at a ski resort. Good luck for the average joe flying his brand new Karma at a ski resort.

they are keeping their cards closely to their chest there have been no leaks in regards to any of the spec of the karma its all speculation so far, but i think they have to really push the boat out on this as their sales have fallen dramatically recently!!

There is tons of competition and no one seems to get close to LB. Why would company, specialized on action cams be the first one, doesn't make sense to me. I sure hope they come out with something special tho.

Competition would be nice. But until these companies certify authorized warranty repair and service centers, these sub-$1500 drones are a throw-away machine should they crash. The Phantom is great, until you have a problem with one. Good luck getting it replaced and serviced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic