New GoPro Drone

Reaction score
Anyone see the new footage released yesterday from the GoPro drone? It looks interesting. Imagine if they have a LightBridge competitor? Things are going to get a bit interesting.

That's what I was referring to. This might be a real contender against the Phantom....
Here's what GoPro says about it:
"it works in mysterious ways and not always as you think."

Some footage from the karma

let the competion begin!!

The main game changer here will be that there will finally be a solid competitor to Lightbridge.
Indeed, with this, the prodrone byrd and autel x-wing premium there are alternatives right around the corner...

That's what I was referring to. This might be a real contender against the Phantom....
Here's what GoPro says about it:
"it works in mysterious ways and not always as you think."
That quote could be said of the DJI phantoms as well, LOL.

Reactions: Coach and HMR
Some footage from the karma
Did anyone notice the aweful color happening at about :45? Notice its pink in the middle and cyan cast vignette. Dunno if that was post on purpose or bad camera latitude.

This is what you get...
Yes, thats what you get with ONE microphone. All you have to do is put an additional microphone and some noise canceling circuitry into play. One mic faces up to get the mechanical noise from the drone, one mic faces down to get atmosphere sound (what you want to record). Apply an inversion from the up mic to the down mic and the prop noise is all but canceled out. This method is not new or revolutionary. Its been done in MANY applications including high end noise canceling headphones including my David Clarke's that I bought when attending flight school in the early 90's.

It will be nice to see them in action. The theory on the prodrone is good. I do like the option to remove the cam and use a gopro. Although as an owner of the Hero Black 4 and Sony's top of the line cam... The camera on the Phantom is pretty competitive. he downside to mounting a cam is then how do you receive the video from the copter. With wifi to the gorpro? Competition is a good thing though. It will take a lot to knock the Phantom off it's perch at the top at a similar price point with similar features.

Reactions: stulpin300m
Yes, thats what you get with ONE microphone.
You think the new drones will come with dual microphones and noise cancelling circuitry? That would be real nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik