New from AZ...just ordered a ......

Reaction score
Saw a buddies inspire fly the other week so it pushed me over the edge to purchase a drone myself. Ordered a phantom 3 advance today..so I'm reading a ton and wondering what are the first accessories you guys recommend. Thx

Dload the manual!
Then extra batteries and propellers

Case/backpack, batts, PROPS

Ok I'm working on a case and I got some blades and guards. Figure I need to find a good charger and a couple batteries. Gonna try and find a local store to go and check stuff out hopefully.

ORDERED one? Why? Best Buy, Apple, Viper Hobby are full of them.
I have discount at Apple store for anything. Also if there is a problem out of the box you just return it to the store and not have to deal with shipping it back.

Most retailers only carry Standard and Pro... I know my Apple Store only has Pros , Parrot MiniDrones and Bebops, but my Best Buy has Standards, Pros, Solos, Typhoon 4Ks, Bebops, and all kinds of mini quads.

here is a pretty well put together list of accessories. I personally have a camera holder, gimbal guard, thread protector caps for my RC sticks (so it doesn't rip my leather gloves) a backpack case, extra batteries, rainbowers filters, sun shade, portable battery bank, lanyard, usb adapter for the sd card, parabolic signal booster, 1 ft long lightning cable, and of course extra batteries and props.

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Reactions: Got14u
I have discount at Apple store for anything. Also if there is a problem out of the box you just return it to the store and not have to deal with shipping it back.
Not in a real rush and I luv amazon....lol

here is a pretty well put together list of accessories. I personally have a camera holder, gimbal guard, thread protector caps for my RC sticks (so it doesn't rip my leather gloves) a backpack case, extra batteries, rainbowers filters, sun shade, portable battery bank, lanyard, usb adapter for the sd card, parabolic signal booster, 1 ft long lightning cable, and of course extra batteries and props.

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
Have you noticed a difference with the signal booster? I saw those and wondered if they are a gimmick or not.

What side of town is viper hobby on?

Have you noticed a difference with the signal booster? I saw those and wondered if they are a gimmick or not.
Yes I have doubled my range, you can either 3-D print one or order directly from this guy, it is the best one around as others you buy on amazon are not truly parabolic and are made from multiple pieces instead of 3 pieces. Here is the link:
DJI Phantom 3 / Inspire 1 Range Booster by giufini
And watch this DJI Video:

Reactions: Got14u

1. cheaper online
2. no sales tax

Uncle Scrooge here wants to save what I can but yes, I am waiting for mine to arrive.

Won't most of us be OK within the range the stock Phantom can fly in? How many pilots really need additional range?

If there's a nice thing about Best Buy, they'll match price. I realized pretty quickly that I needed an extra battery. B&H was offering the lowest price. Best Buy was $22.00 higher, but I showed them B&H's price and they matched it. I had to pay tax, but I had it in my hand immediately.

As for accessories, a case is a must. I lived for a few months with my first Phantom and no case. Once you put the landing gear on, it no longer fit in the box, so it was always precariously balanced on top of stuff in the back seat. Then I got a case and it's much safer. I just got a 3 Advanced, and at least it fits in the box with the gear on (and the props are easy to take off), so that's a little better, anyway.

I wish it had come with a lens cap. I found that the cap from a McCormick's pepper grinder fits almost perfectly. A tad loose, but better than nothing.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik