New Flytrex speed record?

Reaction score
Hmmm, according to my Flytrex data, I broke a new speed record this afternoon. Probably a new all time record for any Phantom. 345 mph. Let's see the FAA catch me now!

LOL, congrats !

Must be like data...er ah live data. You must have maxed out on speed badges and won their challenge! Great work! :D

Fplvert said:
Must be like data...er ah live data. You must have maxed out on speed badges and won their challenge! Great work! :D

Well yes, but,I actually couldn't bring myself to publish. Not yet, anyway.

Were you flying inside an F6 tornado?

That's the only way I could feasibly approach 345 MPH in my Phantom (300 tailwind from the tornado + 45 MPH on max tilt)

Hopefully, the twister destroyed FAA headquarters in DC so we can enjoy a few extra years of flying before their stupid rules get finalized.

:mrgreen:

MadMitch88 said:
Were you flying inside an F6 tornado?

That's the only way I could feasibly approach 345 MPH in my Phantom (300 tailwind from the tornado + 45 MPH on max tilt)

Hopefully, the twister destroyed FAA headquarters in DC so we can enjoy a few extra years of flying before their stupid rules get finalized.

:mrgreen:

Could have been. Flytrex also had me at over 3000ft max. accent. That's 345 mph at an altitude over 3000ft. Maybe I wondered into the jetstream. My Vision could have been half way across the state before the battery gave out. :)

Old Gazer said:
Could have been. Flytrex also had me at over 3000ft max. accent. That's 345 mph at an altitude over 3000ft. Maybe I wondered into the jetstream. My Vision could have been half way across the state before the battery gave out. :)

I'm starting to think those dudes over at Flytrex have exaggeration algorithms built into their products to make us feel good about our birds. 345 MPH horizontal speed is a little out of factory spec range for the Phantom as far as I know :mrgreen:

Go for it. Maybe the filter out of range stuff. Consider it a test.

Post it up! Consider it a bug test for the boys over at Flytrex. :twisted:

Reactions: dirkclod
I gonna have to delete the mission. Not fair to the others.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1410145819.744197.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1410145819.744197.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 392
So you got an altitude badge too right? LOL, leave it for a day or so, tell people you have a turbine powered Phantom!
I'll bet John Rooke is at the hobby table right now upgrading his motors! LOL!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi Craig :)

Sorry for the trouble with this! This definitely seems like some kind of glitch in the speed reading coming from the GPS. I wanted to investigate this some more and see what might be causing this, but seems like the mission was already deleted.

If possible, please send me over the mission FPV sources file to: amit[at]flytrex[dot]com and I'll review this more closely and see what changes we should add to our algorithm to add some protection from similar cases in the future.

Thanks! :)

amitregev said:
Hi Craig :)

Sorry for the trouble with this! This definitely seems like some kind of glitch in the speed reading coming from the GPS. I wanted to investigate this some more and see what might be causing this, but seems like the mission was already deleted.

If possible, please send me over the mission FPV sources file to: amit[at]flytrex[dot]com and I'll review this more closely and see what changes we should add to our algorithm to add some protection from similar cases in the future.

Thanks! :)

Thanks amitregev, mission FPV sent.

That's about how fast mine seemed like it was going on a flyaway on Saturday.

You're a class act, Gazer, and this was definitely good for a chuckle. Reminds me of all the Win3.1 Minesweeper high scores in lab.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31