New Flyer here!

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Hi, this is my first post here, coming to ask for your help here in Southampton, UK.
Started off with a Hubsan X4 FPV and I got completely hooked to flying Quads and FPV, after a few months I decided to go trough and bought myself a Phantom 2 with the 3 axis gimbal combo and a GoPro3+ Black Edt. (I'm still waiting for the gimbal availability), that I've been flying almost every day for 1hr for the last week (no fly-offs and just one taking off crash xD).
Still, I now wanna go for a FPV set, but since I'm new to this and there is so much choice, I wanted to check with the pro's.
I want the FPV so I can run some cool close ups, but also to do some overflights over mountain areas, so I researched and came up with the set on firstpersonview.co.uk with:
ImmersionRC 5.8Ghz Long Range 600mW A/V Transmitter - 66.99
Black Pearl 7 inch FPV Screen with Integrated Battery - 156.00
ImmersionRC 5.8GHz Antenna Set SpiroNET - Version 2 -36.98
Plug and Play Cable: DJI P2 to iOSD Mini and ImmersionRC Transmiter - 14.99

What do you guys think of this setup, I think it'll take me to about 600m steady, but what about the light time? Is there another set I should consider?
Thank you for all your help! And if there's any P2 around the Saints area that wants to share some tips, I'll rly apreciate it!
Cheers!

If you work through a lot of post here, you'll find a few combinations but the one you just quoted seems pretty common. I actually purchased the high end KumbaCam setup with about the same specs off of Amazon. The battery and diversity receiver is built into the monitor and it came with Cloverleaf antennas for both the RX & TX. I added the isod mini to the mix. A little scarry figuring how to solder the connections all together with no instructions but I figured it out and it works.

This is all new stuff for me, so I can't tell you how well it works. At least not on distance. I think the toughest thing is being able to see the monitor clearly on a bright sunny day. Mine came with a hood that provides a pretty good wrap around but I think it will still be tough to see much detail on a bright sunny day. My FPV cost over $500. With my knowledge of what's out there now, I probably would be tempted to put something together for almost half of the cost but hey, it worked out. Someone could make newbies really love them if they would put together a clear step by step guide on what to get, what each item will do for you, and how to integrate it all together. I've seen some videos that claim to do it but I haven't found any that lived up to my expectations. It also would help to have something with the clear steps with good photos and put it up here in a pdf format. It could include some different combinations and good locations to purchase the items at.

No one told me that video from the camera is fed though the backplane of the camera into the Zenmuse and onto it's cable that was sticking out of your new Phantom, then into Phantom guts and windup coming out a pair of wires in the 4 wire cable dangling from your brand new bird. Then the video gets wired into the Video In of your isod and then out with it's telemetry overlay and into the TX. I had to think all this through and then figure out which wires needed to be cut and soldered together to make it all work. I guess that all came natural to everyone here that's integrated a similar setup together. It sure didn't for me and I've been in the computer service field for over 40 years. Good luck bro on your purchases, integration, & flying.

Bluegrass said:
No one told me that video from the camera is fed though the backplane of the camera into the Zenmuse and onto it's cable that was sticking out of your new Phantom, then into Phantom guts and windup coming out a pair of wires in the 4 wire cable dangling from your brand new bird. Then the video gets wired into the Video In of your isod and then out with it's telemetry overlay and into the TX. I had to think all this through and then figure out which wires needed to be cut and soldered together to make it all work. I guess that all came natural to everyone here that's integrated a similar setup together. It sure didn't for me and I've been in the computer service field for over 40 years. Good luck bro on your purchases, integration, & flying.

Hi there, I know it seems a bit asking to much with so much written about it on the forum, and believe me when I say I went trough a lot of them. So that's why I asked about this setup, seems to be the most common and easy to install, but until now, I don't think anytone mention if they were using with the 3 axis gimbal and had issues or anything... If there is a better, setup that can be used for some extra quid that worth investing in that i'm not aware. I've many times, and expecially in my mini quad X4 invented and got a lot together, but then I was just messing with a 150 pound bug...
Thank you for your reply

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers