New Flyer from Boston

Reaction score
Hi - I am a new flyer. Bought a Phantom 3 Standard 2 weeks ago for my son. Unfortunately, camera broke off gimbal second day. I need an estimate for repair in order to submit to my credit card company for reimbursement. Anyone know how I would go about doing that? Do I need to send to DJI? Bought it from Best Buy - not sure if they can provide me an estimate. I am assuming it is totalled even though the drone still flies. I appreciate any advice. My son is crushed. It was our fault I believe, we selected Return to Home not realizing the drone would first fly up 30 feet and it was under a tree at the time. Crashed. Broke camera arm.

Sorry about your crash so early into ownership. If you look in the dji go app, click Me bottom right, that should show you a link to the dji store. Spare camera prices will show up there, that should give you an idea just how much the parts are before labour is added. If it is just the arm, I believe you can buy them on Amazon, again it will give you an idea of parts costs. The problem is finding a reliable repairer. Dji do sell the drone on its own without the remote control and charging leads, considering they give you a battery as well that might turn out cheaper than a repair job

DJI can repair your bird. But it is cheaper to do it by ourself.
Do you have clear pictures of the broken bird? :)

You might also do an Internet search of 'drone repair' and check with a few repair shops. I needed a major repair, found a quality outfit near me, and all went well. Of course, if you have the skill and inclination, much can be done on your own. Good luck...keep flying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.